The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 8, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #1,640 of 7,138
Quote:
Guys, the LCD-2 pads are stick on, right?  Say if I pull my vegan pads off right now, I'll need another ring of adhesive from Audez'e to get them back on again, correct?

Yep and you can use 3M double sided tape. The non-bonding strong adhesive type otherwise your pad's will be intact forever.

May 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,641 of 7,138
is there any way to loosen the clamping force ? they are a bit too clampy
confused.gif

May 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #1,642 of 7,138
Quote:
is there any way to loosen the clamping force ? they are a bit too clampy
confused.gif

Sure, just bend the headband :D I have bended that to the negative degree even and no worries about it braking :) You can also put books between the headphones when your not at home.

May 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #1,643 of 7,138
Quote:
You can also put books between the headphones when your not at home.

Nods, thats the safe even way to do it.  Make the books an inch or two wider than your head and let them sit overnight.

May 9, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #1,645 of 7,138
Aaaaaa... most likely I'm going to be a owner of LCD-2 Rev.3 next week.
biggrin.gif

Found a nice shop from Europe (soundconsult.nl) with excellent communication and good price (ordering from US with customs would end up the same). And my HE-500's already found a local buyer for good price..

I know, it's a friggin thousand euros, but I just feel I can't accept any less bass (especially extension). It will be mostly used on electronic, rock, metal etc, music that begs the "wall of sound". Also lots of movie watching. Yet it should also handle all the occasional chillier music gracefully. Realistically I'm not expecting it to _really_ blow my mind after HE-500's, but surely it has to be just a step further for my use? Hell, if I feel like wearing earplugs and blowing my eardrums with <20hz sinewaves or something else crazy, the technical merits would allow it.

Tell me that I'm not crazy?

May 9, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #1,646 of 7,138
Quote:
Aaaaaa... most likely I'm going to be a owner of LCD-2 Rev.3 next week.
biggrin.gif

Found a nice shop from Europe (soundconsult.nl) with excellent communication and good price (ordering from US with customs would end up the same). And my HE-500's already found a local buyer for good price..

I know, it's a friggin thousand euros, but I just feel I can't accept any less bass (especially extension). It will be mostly used on electronic, rock, metal etc, music that begs the "wall of sound". Also lots of movie watching. Yet it should also handle all the occasional chillier music gracefully. Realistically I'm not expecting it to _really_ blow my mind after HE-500's, but surely it has to be just a step further for my use? Hell, if I feel like wearing earplugs and blowing my eardrums with <20hz sinewaves or something else crazy, the technical merits would allow it.

Tell me that I'm not crazy?

You seem to be very well aware yourself the LCD-2 won't amaze you after having used the HE-500. Owning and using both, I'd say you will indeed enjoy the Audez'e better with rock and metal. For everything else I still prefer the HE-500 sound, I still haven't made up my mind about electronic music so I've been using the HE-400 or HD650 for that :wink:

Soundconsult is a great shop, I've talked to Harm a couple of times. Yes it's 1.000€ but I bought my LCD-2 from ALO in ste States and ended up paying (you better sit down) $360 customs on a $1K headphone. So finally I think the €1K price, if you buy from a company is justified.

May 9, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #1,647 of 7,138
Quote:

You seem to be very well aware yourself the LCD-2 won't amaze you after having used the HE-500. Owning and using both, I'd say you will indeed enjoy the Audez'e better with rock and metal. For everything else I still prefer the HE-500 sound, I still haven't made up my mind about electronic music so I've been using the HE-400 or HD650 for that :wink:

Soundconsult is a great shop, I've talked to Harm a couple of times. Yes it's 1.000€ but I bought my LCD-2 from ALO in ste States and ended up paying (you better sit down) $360 customs on a $1K headphone. So finally I think the €1K price, if you buy from a company is justified.

I was sitting down and still fell on the floor.  That's criminal! 
eek.gif

May 9, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #1,649 of 7,138
If bought used, VAT won't be an issue.  Finding someone is the US who's willing to write Finland, whole other issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back