The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #647 of 1,518
Those cheaper $52 ones are factory seconds. They aren't fake. Has been confirmed with BGRoberts who owns an original boxed version and ordered one of those cheaper ones for the cause. He has confirmed that they are indeed originals but only came with small tips and not the whole set or the pouch.. There was a small chip in the painting is what he mentioned.

Accessory Jack is the best price and you will get your earphones is less than 10 days. Fair for shipping out of Hong Kong. All 100% originals from them I can confirm that as I got a CKS55 and a CKS90 from them..

Alberto. go for the CKS77 you will be happy with them.

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #648 of 1,518

Quote:
Those cheaper $52 ones are factory seconds. They aren't fake. Has been confirmed with BGRoberts who owns an original boxed version and ordered one of those cheaper ones for the cause. He has confirmed that they are indeed originals but only came with small tips and not the whole set or the pouch.. There was a small chip in the painting is what he mentioned.

Accessory Jack is the best price and you will get your earphones is less than 10 days. Fair for shipping out of Hong Kong. All 100% originals from them I can confirm that as I got a CKS55 and a CKS90 from them..

Alberto. go for the CKS77 you will be happy with them.

BGRoberts said that they came with the medium and the small tips and the description says that they come with 2 pairs of tips.

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #649 of 1,518
Waiting for the day Alberto actually buys an IEM 
popcorn.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #651 of 1,518
Let me put it in another way . Alberto. Imo based on your previous phones. You will be more happier with this sound. If you ended up getting the CKM500. You will just be too curious about these to not get them. SO you might as well get these. I think for you. It is a better buy. my $.02

Drum roll please.
The reason why getting a CKM500 later is worth that is. They compliment this sound perfectly..
popcorn.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #652 of 1,518
The two last posts concerning me where Totally Dubbed and Dsnuts are eating pop corn, force me to say the following:

Dsnuts:

I highly admire you.  You are not nuts at all.  You have done an excellent job since I contacted you the first time through a PM.  You have not contradicted yourself a bid in everything that has been thrown at you, with some big throws on my part. My last inquiry that said "Pick one to impress me on my birthday" was truly going to be my last inquiry before ordering the ATH-CKS77 or the ATH-CKM500, regardless of your reaction to it.  And it was.  I have just ordered the ATH-CKS77BRD (the black and red, the sexy ones) from AJ.

Last night, I ordered the Rock It Sounds R-50 following Techno Kid's recommendations.

I am honorable enough to say that if I ask you to put a considerable effort into giving me info and impressions when making a buying decision, I will end up buying what you tell me to buy.  That is what I did with you and Techno Kid.  I bought what you told me to buy.

Choosing a pair of headphones from what others say is harder than the date analogy that you gave.  I have to admit that it is harder than I would like it to be.

One last thing,  I sincerely apologize.

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #653 of 1,518

Quote:
The two last posts concerning me where Totally Dubbed and Dsnuts are eating pop corn, force me to say the following:

Dsnuts:

I highly admire you.  You are not nuts at all.  You have done an excellent job since I contacted you the first time through a PM.  You have not contradicted yourself a bid in everything that has been thrown at you, with some big throws on my part. My last inquiry that said "Pick one to impress me on my birthday" was truly going to be my last inquiry before ordering the ATH-CKS77 or the ATH-CKM500, regardless of your reaction to it.  And it was.  I have just ordered the ATH-CKS77BRD (the black and red, sexy ones) from AJ.

Last night, I ordered the Rock It Sound R-50 following Techno Kids recommendations.

I am honorable enough to say that if I ask you to put a considerable effort in making a buying decision, I will end up buying what you tell me to buy.  That is what I did with you and Techno Kid.  I bought what you told me to buy.

Choosing a pair of headphones from what others say is harder than the date analogy that you gave.  I have to admit that it is harder than I would like it to be.

Oh man. Its all good. I am glad you got some nice earphones. In the end when you get some nice sounding stuff it will have all been worth it for you. Finally. That was the answer I have been waiting for. I am considering them R-50 as well. Those sound like a fun sounding TWFK. But for now I am loving these CKS77 and my CKM500. Both get full attention from me at the moment. Props to you for sticking at it. I have to admit I almost gave up..Lol!,. I am sure everyone here that reads this will be interested in how you finally hear a CKS77.

I certainly do. And finally welcome to the CKS77 club. Why do I get a feeling I am gonna be pelted with even more questions now. Lol!

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #655 of 1,518

Quote:

Quote:

Dsnuts:

I highly admire you.  You are not nuts at all.  You have done an excellent job since I contacted you the first time through a PM.  You have not contradicted yourself a bid in everything that has been thrown at you, with some big throws on my part. My last inquiry that said "Pick one to impress me on my birthday" was truly going to be my last inquiry before ordering the ATH-CKS77 or the ATH-CKM500, regardless of your reaction to it.  And it was.  I have just ordered the ATH-CKS77BRD (the black and red, sexy ones) from AJ.

Last night, I ordered the Rock It Sound R-50 following Techno Kids recommendations.

I am honorable enough to say that if I ask you to put a considerable effort in making a buying decision, I will end up buying what you tell me to buy.  That is what I did with you and Techno Kid.  I bought what you told me to buy.

Oh man. Its all good. I am glad you got some nice earphones. In the end when you get some nice sounding stuff it will have all been worth it for you. Finally. That was the answer I have been waiting for. I am considering them R-50 as well. Those sound like a fun sounding TWFK. But for now I am loving these CKS77 and my CKM500. Both get full attention from me at the moment. Props to you for sticking at it. I have to admit I almost gave up..Lol!,. I am sure everyone here that reads this will be interested in how you finally hear a CKS77.

I certainly do.

I am not nuts, either.  I know that it might have looked like I was always in indecision land and I was never going to make a choice.  You don't know me, yet.  I was going somewhere with each and every inquiry that I made.  Some of them looked like more of the same, but they were not.  I told you in a PM that I had not made a bad buying choice in years and I was not going to miss it now.

I am glad I met you at Head-Fi.

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #658 of 1,518

Don't know what to say to that. Lol!. Well I suppose I am into my sound like all of us but when you get something that is a blast to listen to I just can't hide them from people that would enjoy it. Demanding listeners all of us make this community a unique one.. I have to admit it is very cool to be a part of this international crowd of enthusiast people that all share my passion for better sound.. This community gave me a chance to show something new and so I did. 

Enjoy your newness and you are right. You made the right choice... Well this chapter into the CKS77 saga continues with this little break.

Oh man~!

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #660 of 1,518
After burning them in for 5 hours before work and using them for all 8.5 hours straight during work with rap, rock, pop, podcasts and anything else I could throw at them.. These headphones are it for me.. It's like believing the earth is flat then finding out it's round coming from the MG7.. The sound is so full and beautiful on every level.. I'm so far past impressed I'm not sure how exactly to explain it.. Again thanks for the initial impression/review you gave that led me to them.. Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back