The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Sep 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,591 of 1,921
Joker rating is reference, to comparing iems. And im saying that only customs and maybe k3003 are one class better. EX1000 and westone 4 is only small friction better not tier above.

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #1,593 of 1,921
Lol at making inaccurate comparisons between earphones, then passing it off as a fact.

Furthermore, attempting to justify it by referencing someone else's reviews.

Although, I guess defining what a "tier above" means is subjective - I guess under some people's eyes, a 60k luxury sports car may only be a "small friction" better than your 5k rice car, as it does the job you need it for and you may not be able to tell bad handling from good. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #1,594 of 1,921
Quote:
I can't believe that people cannot point out negative aspects of a product, without the fanboys complaining about one's opinion.

If you had read my review, which I posted a few posts above, I openly criticize many aspects of the CKM500. In-fact the post I replied to was not pointing out negative aspects of the CKM500 at all, the post I replied to was filled with ignorance and hyperbole. I'm not sure what you're reading, but you're replying to the wrong person.

Also if these cost $400 there would be a lot of negative reviews on these.

Also rikardoliepa I don't think you understand how Joker's rating system works, the rating is not a meaning that the IEMs are better than everything under it, it's a rating scaled on the cost of the IEM. Meaning a $50 IEM with a 10 rating in value is a great IEM for the price, it does not mean that the $200 IEM that received an 8.0 is worse. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #1,596 of 1,921
Quote:
Joker in sq dont count price in, only on value . So $7 7.5 iem sounds equal $150 7.5 iem.

I don't know if you're trolling or just don't understand the meaning of the word value, but cost is always factored into value.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #1,597 of 1,921
Quote:
Joker rating is reference, to comparing iems. And im saying that only customs and maybe k3003 are one class better. EX1000 and westone 4 is only small friction better not tier above.

LOL.  Well, if you really believe that then you should consider yourself lucky.   Since you own the CKM500, one of the best IEMs in the...err...your world, then you wont feel the need to upgrade.   Start saving your pennies to buy a custom, or perhaps the K3003, for that day when you are ready to move one tier above the CKM500.

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #1,599 of 1,921
I like how most of us take those reviews as facts, everybody is entitled to have his own opinion, I haven't heard all the 250 plus iems in Joker's thread so I can't make an informed opinion, but I'm pretty sure that in the Sound Quality part, the cost isn't factored in, that's in the value part.

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #1,600 of 1,921
Quote:
Last time I checked this thread it was about enjoying the sounds for the CKM500. Everyone has different taste in their sounds in what they like and dislike. Take that into consideration when you read peoples statements about if they like the earphone or not. I love my CKM500s to no end but others don't see it that way. I can respect that. You guys are grown ups. Or should be. Please keep the thread civilized..In the end if you enjoy the sounds from an earphone that is all that really matters. One mans treasure is another mans trash..There is no such thing as the perfect sounding earphone for all and all of our takes on them should be respected.

Take a breather fellas and go listen to your music for a while. Lol.

Sigh !   ...I empathise with you Bro !     ...Can't they all agree to disagree ?

It's as if someone came out of a Dunkin Donut store and exclaim "This is the best *%*#!@ donut I've ever tasted"   ...next thing you know a shower of rotten eggs and tomatos come flying !

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #1,601 of 1,921
Quote:
Keanex, you are now trolling- SQ has nothing to do with price.
Only criteria where it is count in is value.

We were talking about value, did you get lost already? Also the CKM500 isn't on Jokers list, so I'm not sure why you're referencing it. You're stating that because you think the CKM500 deserves a 9.2, that it would be higher on jokers list, which is a dumb claim because he has different criteria than you do, and it's also dumb because you're making an opinion as a factual statement when you haven't heard even half of the IEMs on that list to make that claim.

I mean how dumb does this sound, "I think the JAYS q-JAYS are okay, but the Brainwavz M5 are much better, while also better than the CKM500, so they are the best IEM until you get to customs."

Yeah, really dumb.

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #1,603 of 1,921
Quote:
Guys, do any of you agree that this earphone has somewhat of a peak at around 5-7Khz?I just eq'ed down that area of the spectrum in foobar and now I am really enjoying these earphones!!

I do. Equalizing those frequencies brings tremendous improvement.

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #1,605 of 1,921
Lol you are ridiculous. Keanex isnt trolling at all. He was simply stating that cost is factored into value. He did misunderstand what you were saying regarding Joker's rating system, but it was just a misunderstanding.

Why are you taking Joker's thread as an end all to rate SQ? I actually disagree with a lot of his reviews and Im sure others do as well. Just because he rates one IEM close to another, doesn't mean its true. He is a valuable reviewer, but you're acting like everything needs to be compared to his thread; that his thread is the ultimate reference that everything needs to be held up against. Not true.

Its ridiculous that you are taking things that aren't objectively defined, such as class and tier, and giving concrete definition to them. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Like for me, if I hear an IEM that to me has noticeably better clarity than another IEM, I would say that the IEM is not in the same class. But to another person it might be. Its subjective. You saying that an IEM CANT be in a different class, or saying only certain IEM can be in a different class is so stupid. 

Quote:
Keanex, you are now trolling- SQ has nothing to do with price.
Only criteria where it is count in is value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back