The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Sep 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #1,576 of 1,921
Quote:
I actually preferred the ckm500 over the fxt90, but much different sound sigs. However, I dont think either are close to the gr07.

The Gr07 are off my list (for the moment at least) because I think that they would be too lean, and I don't need another monitor like sound with my B2, how is the isoletion and confort on the ATs? I hate the ambient noise of the city and I have little ears, so fit could be an issue.
The ckm500 is comfortable. Also, if you like your HJE900, I think you will like the ckm, they are closer in sound sig compared to the other options listed. I never had the hje900 and ckm together at the same time, but  from memory I think their overall sound quality are not that far apart. The eterna on the other hand, is a completely different animal.

Yes I know that the Panasonic and the Eterna aren't similar in the sound signature, but they are very bassy and fun to listen, and since I don't have them anymore I want an upgrade but still being bassy and fun, my B2 doesn't lack in anything, but I remember that the Panasonic (and subsequently the Eterna) had more bass, more rumble if you like.

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #1,578 of 1,921
Quote:
The Gr07 are off my list (for the moment at least) because I think that they would be too lean, and I don't need another monitor like sound with my B2,

The GR07 as not as "lean" as some people make them out to be.  

Sep 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #1,581 of 1,921
Hi all, I've been reading about the CKM500 for a bit now, and I'm currently on the edge of whether or not I should buy them. My previous pair of IEMS (Brainwavz Beta) broke after having them a little less than a year now. I was wondering if I should get these or wait for Black Friday and see if the TF10 go on sale again. I don't have much experience with what I like in terms of sound signature, my only other equipment being the ATH-m50s.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #1,582 of 1,921
It isnt possible that gr07 is class above. Only top customs can be better than ckm500. They are tier above shure se215 and RE0, and bit better than davis tribute, westone 2, ie80.
Only problem with ckm is in some tracks treble hurts my ears.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #1,583 of 1,921
I disagree, the Westone 2 is a class above the ckm500 to my ears, more balanced and natural sounding, despite not having as much sub-bass extension. Westone 2 is actually one of the most natural sounding BA sets out there. 

The ckm500 can be better than the se215 and re0 if natural midrange is not a priority.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #1,584 of 1,921
Okay, so after going through all the hype surrounding the ckm500, I finally went ahead and bought it. I have owned these for the past couple of weeks now during which I did some A/B comparisons between this and the vsonic gr07.

While the ckm500 is wonderful for the price, I don't think it can quite compete with the likes of gr07. It is clearly inferior in almost all aspects regarding to its sonic abilities. The gr07 is smoother, more refined, more natural, and ultimately way more enjoyable for me.

However, the ckm500 is a great bang for the buck phone that can do some pretty amazing thing for the price. But saying that it competes with the likes of gr07, fxt90 or westone 2 (I have heard all of them, but own only the gr07) is slightly misleading IMO.

Just my 2 cents!!

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #1,585 of 1,921
Quote:
It isnt possible that gr07 is class above. Only top customs can be better than ckm500. They are tier above shure se215 and RE0, and bit better than davis tribute, westone 2, ie80.
Only problem with ckm is in some tracks treble hurts my ears.

What a bold, and objectively incorrect statement. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #1,588 of 1,921
In joker comparison ckm99 has 8.8 score, according to dsnuts ckm500 is noticably better.
Westone 2 has 8.9. So all clear. I have listened both and ckm500 has better overall sound- i would give about 9.2/9.3.
GR07 has only 9.1 and they are 3 times more expensive.
I think that if ckm500 would cost $400, everyone will tell that ckm is tier above.
Only things i dont like with ckm is on some songs treble is harsh(almost sunrise xcited and superlux hd668b levels) and lack of chin slider.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #1,589 of 1,921
.. what does jokers rating or what dsnuts said have anything to do with this? You cannot make the claim that only customs can be better than the ckm500. What is your definition of a class anyway, and how could you make such an absolute statement?

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,590 of 1,921
Last time I checked this thread it was about enjoying the sounds for the CKM500. Everyone has different taste in their sounds in what they like and dislike. Take that into consideration when you read peoples statements about if they like the earphone or not. I love my CKM500s to no end but others don't see it that way. I can respect that. You guys are grown ups. Or should be. Please keep the thread civilized..In the end if you enjoy the sounds from an earphone that is all that really matters. One mans treasure is another mans trash..There is no such thing as the perfect sounding earphone for all and all of our takes on them should be respected.

Take a breather fellas and go listen to your music for a while. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back