The Astell & Kern AK240
Apr 6, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #7,096 of 9,131
Apr 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #7,097 of 9,131
  does the eq work when you connect it to an external amp 

Couple more bits of info regarding EQ:
  1. The AK presets cannot be viewed or edited. I wonder why LOL.
  2. When you enable custom EQ, AK drops overall volume by -3 db or so. This is good because most people will be increasing certain frequencies so this helps prevent clipping. However, if you are only increasing by say 1-2 db, then you can safely move all sliders up +2 db and shape from there if you want the similar volume as EQ disabled. In my experience anything greater than 4 db from baseline can distort and clip so always a good idea to move your baseline down a couple db if you plan to make major changes.
  3. EQ does not work in DAC mode and don't get me started on setting up system wide EQ on a Mac!
  4. For firmware 1.18, my custom settings got rearranged after I tried the "Pro" preset. Most likely a bug or a weird user error so set your EQ and don't try other presets to avoid this.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #7,098 of 9,131
Also, I don't believe the EQ works with the digital out when playing DSD files.

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #7,100 of 9,131
Are you guys able to adjust the volume using the knob, when music is playing, while the home screen is dark?

Yes, but not when Line Out mode is engaged.

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #7,101 of 9,131
Are you guys able to adjust the volume using the knob, when music is playing, while the home screen is dark?

yup... i always do that...

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #7,103 of 9,131
Ok, I'm not crazy, I'm Not able to adjust the volume, with the line out either in the on/off position, when screen is dark and music is playing. Volume only works when screen is lit.
What's are warranty, one year?

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #7,104 of 9,131
Ok, I'm not crazy, I'm Not able to adjust the volume, with the line out either in the on/off position, when screen is dark and music is playing. Volume only works when screen is lit.

You are no more crazy like all of us for spending the kind of money when the entire world knows you only need an iPhone and EarPods...

You don't have the volumed locked do you? If you see the padlock icon at the top of your screen, then your volume control will not work when the screen is off.

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #7,105 of 9,131

You are no more crazy like all of us for spending the kind of money when the entire world knows you only need an iPhone and EarPods...

You don't have the volumed locked do you? If you see the padlock icon at the top of your screen, then your volume control will not work when the screen is off.

When the track is not playing, you can't adjust the volume no matter if line out is on or not when the screen is locked. When play resume, you can adjust the volume while screen is locked. When line out is on, screen will ask if you are sure. if yes, the volume will set to 75 and you can't lower it no matter screen is on or not.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #7,106 of 9,131
I'm setting up my new AK 240 and running into problems, any help would be appreciated !

Where can I find a manual ?

When I connect to my wireless network, I get the message, "authentication problem"

Came with FW 1.16  update doesn't seem to work when media connection is made to my computer via USB cable.  (maybe because WiFi isn't working?).

Any suggestions ?   PLEASE !!!!

confused_face(1).gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #7,107 of 9,131
  I'm setting up my new AK 240 and running into problems, any help would be appreciated !

When I connect to my wireless network, I get the message, "authentication problem"

Came with FW 1.16  update doesn't seem to work when media connection is made to my computer via USB cable.  (maybe because WiFi isn't working?).

confused_face(1).gif

You can find the manual on the AK website. I would check to see what Wifi modes the AK supports. I have the Apple Extreme router and it worked right out of the box. The firmware will only update over Wifi. It took me a while to figure out, but as far as I know, you can't force a firmware upgrade. You have to wait for the AK to tell you an update is available (again, once you get wifi going). For the immediate, I can tell you that tethering wifi from iPhone works well so try that if you have an iPhone or Android with tethering.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #7,108 of 9,131
You can find the manual on the AK website. I would check to see what Wifi modes the AK supports. I have the Apple Extreme router and it worked right out of the box. The firmware will only update over Wifi. It took me a while to figure out, but as far as I know, you can't force a firmware upgrade. You have to wait for the AK to tell you an update is available (again, once you get wifi going). For the immediate, I can tell you that tethering wifi from iPhone works well so try that if you have an iPhone or Android with tethering.

I checked the AK Website and only found support for AK100.  I'll try connecting to another WiFi server later I guess.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #7,109 of 9,131

confused_face(1).gif

Take a deep breath ......i've had maybe 3 issues in the 9,000+ songs on my 240.    http://www.iriverinc.com/download/downloadView.asp?sno=1089&cateCode=

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #7,110 of 9,131
  I checked the AK Website and only found support for AK100.  I'll try connecting to another WiFi server later I guess.

Here is an english version:

http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?dNum=1089

Users who are viewing this thread

Back