The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 25, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #6,376 of 9,131
Waht flaws did he claim they fixed
The sockets are still reseeded. As mine
Inown a third rev model. And I still cannot use just any opt or rca cables. The sockets being inside was a dumb I idea
Mine has the modeded sub inside.
Peooe at the shows always say stuff that is more likely properganda then reality as in the ak240 ss sounder g better. Pure bull.
And hugonis no different. Anyway. I should of bought a ak240 right off. But the sound is just not what. I like. And the Hugo had the better sound. But I do not like waking around with 5K in stuff either
I guess I just cannot win lol.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #6,377 of 9,131
I think black Hugo is priced similarly as the silver one? Or is that also priced waaaaay higher like AK240SS over AK240?

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #6,379 of 9,131
AK240SS USD3000 MSRP.
If its the same pattern of AK120 titan, should we see a new model soon?
I have got words stating that the new version has recording feature and higher storage, not sure how reliable.

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #6,380 of 9,131
I think black Hugo is priced similarly as the silver one? Or is that also priced waaaaay higher like AK240SS over AK240?

AK240SS USD3000 MSRP.
I have got words stating that the new version has recording feature and higher storage, not sure how reliable.

Welcome you both back.  Haven't seen you guys here for a while.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #6,381 of 9,131
AK240SS USD3000 MSRP.

Better be unreliable, I'm not ready to get a new one anytime soon (not counting all those "special editions" of AK240). :D Recording function would be welcome though but quality better be better than phone recording.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #6,382 of 9,131

Not much exciting happening on this front, tbh.

AK240 + Ref 1 for on-the-go, and HM-901 (iem card) + Fitear C435 in office are already good enough for me. Just lurking to see if the next wave of DAPs will knock my socks off...

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #6,383 of 9,131
  Not much exciting happening on this front, tbh.

AK240 + Ref 1 for on-the-go, and HM-901 (iem card) + Fitear C435 in office are already good enough for me. Just lurking to see if the next wave of DAPs will knock my socks off...

Tell us why you are having two combos?  Is the HM901/FitEar combo better than the 240/Ref.1 in your opinion?

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #6,384 of 9,131
  Tell us why you are having two combos?  Is the HM901/FitEar combo better than the 240/Ref.1 in your opinion?

I much prefer 240/Ref 1 and 240 as the better DAP. It is the spacious and non-intrusive presentation that I value the most. FYI, I have/tried discrete, balance, minibox (sold) and iem cards. At work, I just want to block out the external noise so that I could concentrate on work. Commuting is when I truly appreciate music, thus portability is very key. Lugging around the Hugo is not very ideal for me as I will very likely break something. Anyway, I am waiting for a DAP that sounds as good as Hugo or Flow level for my next upgrade.

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #6,385 of 9,131
For Hugo, they improved certain flaws actually when they released the black version.
Spoke to the guy in the show when they were in Sg last month..Apparently there were a few issues they revised aside from just changing it to black. It looks really gorgeous in black too.
how does the ss improve sound quality? I remember kojo having the same sentiment but theirs were made with that solid brass in mind so I don't find it so dubious..

+1 for Hugo exactly......All the colors materials and everything else....fix the bugs, minor issues .....and work on getting these devices up and moving along with maybe an app.....want to make a SS version great ....,improve the Bluetooth while you're at it give it a couple more feet distance or something to help with drop outs as much .....this is called an improvement .....yes SS is an improvement over all in materials I guess but to charge that much for it? Well then again they can charge whatever they like ....I won't knock them ☺️ I'll let others do it......boy they better hope some other tech companies don't ever decide to get into High Res audio.......and take it seriously....but then again it may do something for innovation and quality if this actually happened :wink:

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #6,386 of 9,131
+1 for Hugo exactly......All the colors materials and everything else....fix the bugs, minor issues .....and work on getting these devices up and moving along with maybe an app.....want to make a SS version great ....,improve the Bluetooth while you're at it give it a couple more feet distance or something to help with drop outs as much .....this is called an improvement .....yes SS is an improvement over all in materials I guess but to charge that much for it? Well then again they can charge whatever they like ....I won't knock them ☺️ I'll let others do it......boy they better hope some other tech companies don't ever decide to get into High Res audio.......and take it seriously....but then again it may do something for innovation and quality if this actually happened :wink:

Agreed on most.

A DAP is not an item, to me, to show off but to get as much sonic performance.  Don't really care whether Duralium (spelling wrong, I think) or any materials as long as it gives me the best sound.  

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #6,387 of 9,131
Agreed on most.

A DAP is not an item, to me, to show off but to get as much sonic performance.  Don't really care whether Duralium (spelling wrong, I think) or any materials as long as it gives me the best sound.  

I liked the 240s a lot but too many teething issues for the price money wasn't the issue.... They could've charged more if it was truly worth it but with the way everything is with this DAP? I think it was overpriced by at least $500...and the Hugo's DAC performance is up there....just waiting on a Hugo Black to arrive at the dealer......grrrrrrr and I hate waiting :wink:....

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #6,388 of 9,131
Waht flaws did he claim they fixed

Peooe at the shows always say stuff that is more likely properganda then reality as in the ak240 ss sounder g better. Pure bull.

Yes bull agreed but better materials SS is nice....,but should've fixed some of the issues ....including finding a fix for the volume jump or either recalling the ones with the problems to get them taken care of before someone is like :hear_no_evil:...whaaaaa? Dude I can't hear you ......you gotta speak louder...

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #6,389 of 9,131

Howdy! Lol I had been too broke for headfi these days.... And had been very satisfied with ak240+hugo for the time being.

News of HE1000 and Layla brought me back and my wallet is shivering all again!

Can't belief it's been almost a year since I got my ak240!

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #6,390 of 9,131
Howdy! Lol I had been too broke for headfi these days.... And had been very satisfied with ak240+hugo for the time being.

News of HE1000 and Layla brought me back and my wallet is shivering all again!

Can't belief it's been almost a year since I got my ak240!

Just glanced through the price of Layla (Yen 360k!!!!)...OMG...HK$20k+...a lot of hard earned money.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back