The Astell & Kern AK240
Aug 26, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #5,056 of 9,131
I owned a RWAK240 and tested the Calyx M. The M indeed sounds bigger and in a way more engaging. I was concerned however that this type of colored sound, although very tasty at first might be too much after a while. And might not pair well with warmer iems such as the Roxannes. Anyways the reason why I will not get it is mostly size...I find the M quite unwieldy.

Sounds like you no longer have the RWAK240?

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #5,062 of 9,131
How is AK240 when you compare with Calyx M ? But all terms (sound,build quality,output power,UI,details,screen,battery life).

And does Calyx sale (send) it to other countries  ?

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #5,064 of 9,131
Has anyone heard of the Lotoo Player?

May give the ak240 a run for its money

It has a 2 TB sd card storage and native dsd

http://www.lotoo.cn/page/Default.asp?pageID=93

well, there's no 2TB sd card out yet... it will take at least five years or more to see that.
max is 256GB for now. 2TB SD card support is their typical advertising slogan.

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #5,066 of 9,131
I think the local distro got clever and made the gold ed. Ak240. It is limited edition so to hope for quick sale but until today there r still many of those in shops...

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #5,070 of 9,131
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I've been having such a headache with AK240! After loading a few tracks on it and testing it out, it decided to glitch on me and would not allow file transfers no matter what I did. Reading through the forum and consulting the manual, I decided to do a factory reset, not knowing that it would wipe out the internal storage and all the preloaded samples and manual/driver software from the 'content' and 'sample' folders with it. I never even played those samples!

That's why I'm asking if there's anyone here who still has those folders on his unit and can upload a copy for me (either on google drive/dropbox etc or on my cloud storage) because there's nowhere else I could those files back. I will be forever grateful for any help.

Many thanks

YC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back