The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 24, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #2,537 of 9,131
Not all DSD file are very Good , some is bad , My WAV SQ better .
If We found veriy Good DSD recording , than My WAV file i heard No so full sound .

Please read more info regarding DSD music file For Your Reference

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711318/dsd-music-file-impression-and-appreciation-thread-and-file-sharing-link

Thanks for the link, Rudi. Yes. Some DSD files are indeed not very good sounding. A friend of mine even told me he has SACDs than are inferior to his CDs :D Like I mentioned, it is all in the recording.

Anyway, this is just a hobby for me. As long as we are enjoying our music, the rest is not that important. Haha.

Cheers

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #2,539 of 9,131
I'm thinking about either the Roxanne or Noble K-10, was wondering how you like it with the AK-240?

Never heard the Noble K-10 so can't comment on the sound compared to the Roxanne. To me the Roxanne is the best headphones that I've had. I've had the HD800, AKG 3003i, Senn ie800 and the inear S3 plus the LCD 2. The Roxanne can definitely hang out with all the above with regards to sound and it even beats some of the above in sound quality. It does beats them all when it comes to portability and isolation.

It is quite amazing and with the AK240 and my vorzuge amp it's just wow.

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,540 of 9,131
Never heard the Noble K-10 so can't comment on the sound compared to the Roxanne. To me the Roxanne is the best headphones that I've had. I've had the HD800, AKG 3003i, Senn ie800 and the inear S3 plus the LCD 2. The Roxanne can definitely hang out with all the above with regards to sound and it even beats some of the above in sound quality. It does beats them all when it comes to portability and isolation.

It is quite amazing and with the AK240 and my vorzuge amp it's just wow.

I'm using the IE-800 now, no amp, and would like to make the jump to a balanced CIEM . Maybe just amping it up would help.

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #2,541 of 9,131
I'm using the IE-800 now, no amp, and would like to make the jump to a balanced CIEM . Maybe just amping it up would help.

You really can't beat ciem when you want the best sound, fit and isolation. I'll say go for it if you can.

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #2,543 of 9,131
I can't seem to get the Mac Server to work.  AK240 "sees" the music list but when I try to play a file, I get an error message "Playback unavailable.  Song moved.".  Any ideas?  Thanks.

I don't run Mac now but have a friend who is experiencing similar issue, but for him, only ALAC is not working while mp3 is okay.

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #2,544 of 9,131
The 240 is starting to get that liquidy sound after a week of continuous play. The grain in the upper midrange I reported earlier is disappearing ... 
biggrin.gif

... oops, I meant 2 weeks of continuous play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back