The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
May 19, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #347 of 6,345
Quote:
The drivers used in 700 series are in my opinion really good and capable enough to reveal some more potential when implemented and tuned correctly.

Curiously enough, though, they aren't that much better (without tuning anyway) than some of the better dynamic drivers from the '70s and '80s. Which makes a price tag of 450 € very silly.

May 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #348 of 6,345
So, I went to the AKG stand at the Tokyo headphone show and asked about the new headphones. They'd not heard about the models until the moment I'd mentioned them. I was speechless.

May 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #350 of 6,345
Quote:
So, I went to the AKG stand at the Tokyo headphone show and asked about the new headphones. They'd not heard about the models until the moment I'd mentioned them. I was speechless.

Wait... what? OMG o_O

May 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #351 of 6,345
Quote:

Curiously enough, though, they aren't that much better (without tuning anyway) than some of the better dynamic drivers from the '70s and '80s.

You have the point here. And probably we can say the same thing in hifi speakers nowadays (that is the reason why I bought used power amplifier and floorstanders combo from late 80's / early 90's instead of getting some brand new stuff. I believe that way I ended much cheapier and with better sounding setup in my opinion, with specific "old spirit" of those years sealed in this system). 

What is more we now have different mentality, needs and trends than in 70/80's and marketing departments became more important than product itself. That is why AKG came up with another version of K7xx series instead of for example rebirth of K1000 or heavily redesigned dynamics like K801, which some people wished for, even in this thread. 

Which makes a price tag of 450 € very silly.

Well, that's another story...

Quote:

"I have no idea what I'm doing here"? How it is possible that they don't know about new products from their own company? :)

May 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #352 of 6,345
Quote:

So promising...

Things like this are the reason I've shied away from AKG for a long time.

May 21, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #354 of 6,345
Quote:
coffee-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quick, call Ripley, yes you know, from Believe-It-Or-Not.

LOL, anyway back on topic, any early impressions floating around from these anywhere? I did not favour any of the K/Q70X line (the Anv was ok), so I'm hoping AKG has steered in the right direction (at least with these are they coming to there senses again).

May 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #355 of 6,345
Quote:
LOL, anyway back on topic, any early impressions floating around from these anywhere?

I did not favour any of the K/Q70X line (the Anv was ok), so I'm hoping AKG has steered in the right direction (at least with these are they coming to there senses again).

Odds are extremely good that K712 Pro = K702 65th Anniversary.  The K702 Anniversary most likely was a limited edition version of the K712 Pro.  Once the K702 Anniversaries run out the K712 take over in their place as the mass produced SKU of that headphone.

There are plenty of impressions on them in the K702 Anniversary thread, not to mention you should have some of of your own if you've already heard the anniversaries.

May 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #356 of 6,345
BH photo is letting you now add the K712 Pro to your cart, with the disclaimer that it "usually ships in 7-14 business days."  Perhaps they are expecting a shipment to come into stock soon...

May 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #358 of 6,345
Quote:
Thomann is listing them as expected for May, 31st, i.e. about the same time frame.

At an awfull price ... (but better than K702 ANV) , get my ANV from razordog 310€ shipping include + 45€ (customs) . still better deal than buying 712 pro from Thomann .

May 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #359 of 6,345
Quote:

At an awfull price ... (but better than K702 ANV) , get my ANV from razordog 310€ shipping include + 45€ (customs) . still better deal than buying 712 pro from Thomann .

It's a quite normal price and surrounding the one that AKG's suggested IIRC. Thomann to be honest have quite good price for most of their headphones than even with shipping my local sellers can't compete with and they have large offer of pads, cables and other usually unavailable service parts.
I expect them to drop the "tax for being new" from K712 pretty soon. 

May 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #360 of 6,345
I feel sorry for those who cant get them for under 400 US... regardless of what that translates to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back