The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.
Apr 9, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #226 of 268
  I just installed the free version. I'm finding this app interesting. Just wondering how everyone else is finding the other headphone simulations? How accurate are you finding it at simulating the sound of other headphones? Does it give a good representation?

they're a vague representation, but still fun.

can't really do anything to simulate soundstage or imaging, but give a somewhat indicative representation of character.  

although i can definitely say the k701 simulation is way too ring and shrill, and the t90 simulation isn't hissy or bright enough.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #227 of 268

they're a vague representation, but still fun.

can't really do anything to simulate soundstage or imaging, but give a somewhat indicative representation of character.  

although i can definitely say the k701 simulation is way too ring and shrill, and the t90 simulation isn't hissy or bright enough.

Imagine if Accudio Pro is able to accurately replicate the sound of all the expensive headphones with just EQ then I'm sure all the companies that produce good headphones will be out of business by now 
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #228 of 268
For anyone considering buying this, don't.
That is unless you value audio quality over usability to the point where you'll deal with a painfully bug-ridden app for it.

New version installed.
I still get the file/license warning bug. It sucks big time....
Sad...

Me too.
It's not fixed at all. I emailed them about it, they're useless.

Is anyone else having the issue where it freezes when you try to browse by artist? I can only browse by song or album.

I've just bought an IEM with a sound signature close to what I used to EQ to, fingers crossed once they've burned in I won't need an EQ and can move onto a better piece of software - I'll then just need something with FLAC support, which is probably easier to find than a good EQ as well.

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #229 of 268
  For anyone considering buying this, don't.
That is unless you value audio quality over usability to the point where you'll deal with a painfully bug-ridden app for it.

Me too.
It's not fixed at all. I emailed them about it, they're useless.

Is anyone else having the issue where it freezes when you try to browse by artist? I can only browse by song or album.

I've just bought an IEM with a sound signature close to what I used to EQ to, fingers crossed once they've burned in I won't need an EQ and can move onto a better piece of software - I'll then just need something with FLAC support, which is probably easier to find than a good EQ as well.

Yeah, I didn't find a need to get the paid version. Glad there is a free version though. It's easy enough to edit the one profile they allow you on the free one. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #232 of 268
I would like to retract my previous statement, after the last update I can happily recommend the full version purchase.

I sent one of the developers (Michael) a pretty harshly worded list of things that needed fixing - actual bugs mostly, but some preferences of mine also that I thought would benefit all.

They have fixed every single one, I have tested thoroughly and the file not found bug is gone amongst a number of  things I requested (that possibly only affected me personally):

- File not found bug (fixed)
- Freezing when viewing playlist by "Artist" (fixed)
- Asking to load an EQ preset each time the program loads - an annoyance (fixed)
- Playback of current song stops when you go from "now playing" to playlist browser (fixed - play now continues through all browsing)

I retract my previous statement in its entirety. They have now fixed this thing entirely and at the very least it's bug free and a reasonably good audio player, combined with a high quality custom EQ. The updates were free and they came good on the things they promised me they'd update.

One thing I forgot to mention in my list was the inability to delete EQ presets, not a huge issue but I will mention it next time I contact the developer.
Edit - this was fixed too, you can just swipe a preset left to expose the delete button. Mint.

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #233 of 268
  I would like to retract my previous statement, after the last update I can happily recommend the full version purchase.

I sent one of the developers (Michael) a pretty harshly worded list of things that needed fixing - actual bugs mostly, but some preferences of mine also that I thought would benefit all.

They have fixed every single one, I have tested thoroughly and the file not found bug is gone amongst a number of  things I requested (that possibly only affected me personally):

- File not found bug (fixed)
- Freezing when viewing playlist by "Artist" (fixed)
- Asking to load an EQ preset each time the program loads - an annoyance (fixed)
- Playback of current song stops when you go from "now playing" to playlist browser (fixed - play now continues through all browsing)

I retract my previous statement in its entirety. They have now fixed this thing entirely and at the very least it's bug free and a reasonably good audio player, combined with a high quality custom EQ. The updates were free and they came good on the things they promised me they'd update.

One thing I forgot to mention in my list was the inability to delete EQ presets, not a huge issue but I will mention it next time I contact the developer.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I think for me the bugs that you mentioned are also the main thing. Unfortunately I think that gapless playback is worth the effort as well. I really hope that they can fix it in a next version. 

I have the pro (paid) version just for the lazy possibility to save more than one headphone custom equalizers.

May 19, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #234 of 268
Another feedback about the latest version:
If I list by "Artist" my ipod library (not "Local") with over 60GB music, the app crashes. Reading some reviews, this is a known bug. The app experiences some difficult with large libraries.

May 20, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #237 of 268
This app cannot display ogg vorbis album art. Thats really my main gripe as well as the iphone style interface. They should make an ipad version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back