The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.
Mar 17, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #211 of 268
I would love if they had a user forum, where we could start a thread voting for most wanted emulations. 
And of course that they fix the "files not found /  invalid" bug.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #213 of 268
Has anyone got responses to the contact form?

I purchased the full version and it's OK, so far I've had the following issues:

- File not found bug (doesn't seem to happen too often but still a problem)
- Freezes on "preparing local files" notice when I try to view songs by "artist" with FLAC files present
- Link for playlist browser being in top right hand corner is really annoying, should be swapped with the "settings" gear icon since that is used much less often

I sent these in a contact form message but got no response.

I'm happy with the actual EQ function, it seems fairly clean, although my earbuds (GR07) aren't on the list so I'm basing my experience on my own work. It'd be good if the gain accepted decimal point inputs, but overall the fine tuning it allows is better than most EQs I've used.

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #218 of 268
I managed to get through to one of the guys in the development team (with some effort) who was fairly helpful.

He said they have already fixed the license/file not found bug, but they are working on a few other bugs before releasing the new version - which will be a free upgrade.

The file not found thing happens quite rarely in my experience and isn't a big deal, but the other issue I found is more of a problem - when you have a few FLACs present and click playlist by "song" it displays a loading message and works OK, but if you click playlist by "artist" it displays and then freezes on the loading message. It also stops playback of current song in both cases which isn't really ideal.

They did say they were aware of both issues and are working on fixing them so fingers crossed the next release will sort it out. Personally I like the functionality of the EQ and will probably keep using it if they iron out the bugs. Unfortunately my cans aren't on the list but with some time spent in the custom EQ you can tune out minor issues successfully. I have made a few presets that make corrections in the same areas but at varying gain settings, because the aggression of the gain in the EQ setting does affect the amount of data loss as a result (so the minimum amount of EQing necessary for a satisfactory result in a given song / album is ideal).

If anyone has GR07s I can share my settings, just ask.

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #219 of 268
My other complaint about the new version is that it doesn't remember where you're playing the file from eg. if I'm playing my files from my "Album/Local", it keeps going back to the Playlist page every time I want to play a new album. On top of that, I'll need to hit the Album icon and again it doesn't remember that I'm playing from the "Local". It always default to "iPod" instead. In other words I'll have to make a couple of presses before I get to select another album to play unlike the older version. I don't see why Accudio can't remember where I'm playing back my files from and make it more user friendly instead of forcing you to execute so many steps before you can reach your destination. Try doing all these while you're driving....very frustrating indeed. I hope they fix this in the next update...save the location of where the file is being played from and go straight there every time we tap on the menu to access the files. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #220 of 268
Yeah, unfortunately venting here won't help anything, you need to convert your suggestions into pidgin English so that the Korean developers can easily understand your request (probably the hardest part, especially when talking about workflows like you are) and then get your email to go through to them. That is of course if you actually want those changes implemented.

I tried to suggest only the most critical issues though, issues of convenience are harder to explain and would be a lower priority for them. Honestly I would not choose this as an app to use while driving. The playlist access button being a tiny button in the top corner, along with it asking you to choose a preset every time you start the program... none of it adds up to a concise workflow.

On the bright side it's good to see they are still working on it, but it has a long way to go before it's perfect. What might work a lot better is if a native speaker could relay issues using technical language natively.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #221 of 268
I totally agree with you Udi. Having said that, all it takes is some common sense from the app developer 
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #223 of 268
  A new version just hit the iTunes US Store.
The only message is "File/License bug resolved"
Let`s check

Downloaded the update.  Fixed that.  Which is nice.  I would now love more reference simulations of popular $750 + headphones.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #225 of 268
I just installed the free version. I'm finding this app interesting. Just wondering how everyone else is finding the other headphone simulations? How accurate are you finding it at simulating the sound of other headphones? Does it give a good representation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back