The $9000 Audio-Technica ATH-W2022 is Now in Stock at Bloom Audio
Jan 3, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #18 of 45
Guy this is not a flagship/totl headphone. It an art statement piece to celebrate company anniversary. Art not suppose to be cheap, anyone buying these most likely going to put it in a display cabinet.

Jan 4, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #20 of 45
It makes me like my ADX 5000s much more.
Some state the ADX5000 are too bright.
They have a bright side to them for sure.
No veil here....unless u EQ one in.
They are brutally honest cans...
One review states "the air up there: and this makes them very open and transparent.
Comfort level is one of the best because they are sooo light.
Pair well with a nice tube amp.
Or and HPA-1 from Pass.

:>)

Jan 4, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #21 of 45
That's a very beautiful headphone! Except the ugly art but that's subjective. The materials used looks very comfy and it's exactly what I love!
I might get the "cheaper" one lol, the ATH-W2022 wireless. €10K is simply insanse, regardless art.

Jan 4, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #22 of 45
Dear Head-fiers,

Imagine that there are many business owners, software developers or managers that have loose $9k. And while they still value their $9k, it won't be a huge problem to pay that price if they also value listening to the music and the overall experience. So I really don't know what you are bitching about in a world with watches going $10k+, 5- 6- and 7-stars hotels with a night for $1k+, business class flights for $1+ etc.

Every topic on head-fi looks the same, there is a product launch and then people talking not about the music or beauty of the product, but complaining about the price all the time, and it never stops, repeated every time, all the time.

For me, headphones are more important than watches or cars, I love them and value them, and I love how ATH tunes their headphones, therefore am a fan of the brand, and so I am waiting patiently for my pre-ordered pair of W2022, which is just one way of making life a little bit nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 4, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #23 of 45
Ok understand.
Just go elsewhere if it offends you.
We all have opinions.
Good or bad depending on your perspective.
When I had the Susvaras in house for testing.
I thought they were way overpriced.
But I always clarify its your money and if you can afford these and enjoy them thats great.
Lots of folks here wish they could listen to these and the high cost TOTLS but just cant.
I would love to hear these.
But for me even having several $4K cans here...there is a limit.
I do like the ADX 5000's and tuning...many think these at $1999 are too expensive.
Well they are welcome to there opinion as well..

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #24 of 45
It seems the cheaper version is not for sale in EU, right?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #25 of 45
Ok understand.
Just go elsewhere if it offends you.
We all have opinions.
Good or bad depending on your perspective.
When I had the Susvaras in house for testing.
I thought they were way overpriced.
But I always clarify its your money and if you can afford these and enjoy them thats great.
Lots of folks here wish they could listen to these and the high cost TOTLS but just cant.
I would love to hear these.
But for me even having several $4K cans here...there is a limit.
I do like the ADX 5000's and tuning...many think these at $1999 are too expensive.
Well they are welcome to there opinion as well..

Materials used have a weird attraction power to me and I hate myself for that lol
The brown alcantara, the design and all, very enticing! I only get headphones that looks beautiful like you see in my sig.
And yes, I have a limit too.

Jan 4, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #26 of 45
AT does make these:
I have been tempted many times to buy a set.
But wondered it they would be to close to the ADX 5000?
Closed backs with beautiful wood.
Drivers are 53mm vs 58mm.

1672850869582.png

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #27 of 45
No problem with these or the price (even though they currently exceed my monthly piggybank allowance). Good quality audio is available at every price point, from the humble Koss Porta Pro to these headphones.

In any case, I massively doubt one buys these primarily for their audio performance (even though I'm sure they sound excellent) but rather for their Japanese craftsmanship, aesthetic merits, and heirloom quality. I'm totally on board with that.

Let me also add, if anyone close to Vienna pre-orders them and is interested in a second opinion, I'm very happy to volunteer my services 😀

Jan 4, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #28 of 45
Dear Head-fiers,

Imagine that there are many business owners, software developers or managers that have loose $9k. And while they still value their $9k, it won't be a huge problem to pay that price if they also value listening to the music and the overall experience. So I really don't know what you are bitching about in a world with watches going $10k+, 5- 6- and 7-stars hotels with a night for $1k+, business class flights for $1+ etc.

Every topic on head-fi looks the same, there is a product launch and then people talking not about the music or beauty of the product, but bitching about the price all the time, and it never stops, repeated every time, all the time. Guys, just shut the **** up. And focus on products that are targeted for your preferred niche. It's that simple.

For me, headphones are more important than watches or cars, I love them and value them, and I love how ATH tunes their headphones, therefore am a fan of the brand, and so I am waiting patiently for my pre-ordered pair of W2022, which is just one way of making life a little bit nicer.
Dior Piotr,
Spending a loose $9k for 'listening to music and overall experience' might be really a niche deed. I think you may achieve 'overall experience' with 10 times less or even 100 times (I will skip quoting the models). I think what is provoking the comments is that focus is on materials and the ann and not on the FR, tech, targeted replay... Meaning we seek the best fidelity and enjoyment not hi-fi sculptures.
Yes, you may express your dislike about the comments but loosing your nerves and using 'bitching' and 'shut the **** up' is rude and pathetic. I am in the hobby for 40 years and music is very important for me but I also love cars and other modern tech and already know that it is not the paint that speeds the car, neither the touch of luxury that does the replay.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #29 of 45
AT does make these:
I have been tempted many times to buy a set.
But wondered it they would be to close to the ADX 5000?
Closed backs with beautiful wood.

1672850869582.png
Great headphone, ditto AWAS. Regret selling both!

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #30 of 45
I can almost see the boardroom meeting where these were created. "We're going to take like 10 ATH-AWKT, change out the headband, and pay someone $100 to paint cherry blossoms and a phoenix on them, then sell them for $9k each because they're a limited edition." That said, if they actually SOUND amazing, then this becomes a collector's item and triples in price in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back