Thank you Head-Fi
Aug 15, 2001 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

grrr223

All I want for Christmas is Radio Shack Cat.#910-4380
Today is the last day of my summer internship, so I will no longer be able to maintain such a strong involvement here, I won't have nearly as much time to waste here when I'm at school as when I'm being paid to "work"
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's been a great summer, I wouldn't have been nearly as unproductive had it not been for you guys. It will be a sad day for me when I drop off the "Top 20 posters" list, but I won't be able to maintain my involvement at school.

On the plus side I will be able to listen to my headphones more I hope, which will be awesome, although it will probably all be while studying
frown.gif
. I'll still check it as much as I can, hopefully at least once a day, but I am used to keeping this site open all day while I'm at work, I will be lonely without you guys. So have fun everyone and thank you all for help in building my system.

If Blr's OBH-11 and SR-60s are actually waiting for me at home (long story, f#@$ing USPS) then I should be able to post pics of my system before I go back to school, but who knows.

Aug 15, 2001 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 9
Good luck in your studies, grrr. I'm in a pretty similar situation down here, although I will still be "working" part-time. And we promise not to rent out your login id while you're at school!
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 9
yeah end of summer is near and boy does it suck
frown.gif
will be kneedeep in the books again in less than 3 weeks. might be healthy if my online-time drops a bit tho, for the phone bill at least.

and hey, studying is a pretty good excuse for listening to some good music through some damned fine headphones if you ask me
cool.gif

getting started again after 3 months of doing nothing productive at all is kinda hard tho
frown.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 9
SCORE, I was under the impression that this company would never hire another MIT student again after having me here for the summer, but apparently I did something right because I just got offered a job if I ever want to return. That means I'm guaranteed $15 an hour for a couple of weeks over Christmas and we all know what that means....

MORE HEADPHONES!!!

The fact that I'm done with work in 2 hours for a long time, and then I'm goign to Outback Steakhouse with a ton of friends from high school after that is making me a very happy person right about now.

On a very random note: Has anyone from Australia ever been to an Outback Steakhouse and care to comment on their food?

Aug 16, 2001 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 9
hmm outback steakhouse ?
sounds scary

let me guess they say things like Bonza and call you Mate
smily_headphones1.gif

ehehheheheheheh
i will definately have top go and check one out if i ever make it to the US - it should be a good laugh
smily_headphones1.gif

We have lonestar's here ( supposedly texan ) but they dont speak in a sow southern drawl ( thank god for that )

eheh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back