TGXEAR discussion thread.
Oct 11, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #151 of 1,869
Oct 11, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #152 of 1,869
My Serratus have landed. If I only had one word to describe these buds... "Effortless" is how I would describe them. While it's already known that the Serratus aren't meant for all genres of music, the meticulous tuning Jim did makes these buds extremely easy to listen to for the right genres of music. Effortless.

So let's go on a virtual trip to Hawaii together and enjoy some music. Imagine a nice Pacific island ocean breeze blowing on your face as you sit back and chill to the music of Pure Heart...

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #153 of 1,869
Hello All, just want to thank you all for your impressions of Tgxear hand made buds. I’m super excited to join the fam as I just purchased from him
Alpha
Serratus &
Tantalus
Cannot wait to get ear time with each one. And thank you @tgx78 for your passion, kindness and love of audio. 🙏🏼

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #154 of 1,869
Hello All, just want to thank you all for your impressions of Tgxear hand made buds. I’m super excited to join the fam as I just purchased from him
Alpha
Serratus &
Tantalus
Cannot wait to get ear time with each one. And thank you @tgx78 for your passion, kindness and love of audio. 🙏🏼

That's a statement of trust, jumping straight in with the 'trifecta'. Enjoy! Have you got any other earbuds or are these your first?

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #155 of 1,869
Seeing the great impressions these buds are getting, I think I'm going to join, although I may have to wait a bit (I just spent my monthly budget for this hobby on the Penon Fan 2 :sweat_smile: )

My library is wide in genres. A majority of Indie Pop/Rock, but also electronic, Hip-Hop, a lot of post-rock, and some soundtracks and classical. I wouldn't mind having some classic-specific buds, but for now, being a first, and with my limited budget, I'd look for something more all-rounded. Reading the reviews, I understand that my best option would be the Serratus?

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #156 of 1,869
Seeing the great impressions these buds are getting, I think I'm going to join, although I may have to wait a bit (I just spent my monthly budget for this hobby on the Penon Fan 2 :sweat_smile: )

My library is wide in genres. A majority of Indie Pop/Rock, but also electronic, Hip-Hop, a lot of post-rock, and some soundtracks and classical. I wouldn't mind having some classic-specific buds, but for now, being a first, and with my limited budget, I'd look for something more all-rounded. Reading the reviews, I understand that my best option would be the Serratus?

By comparison to the Alpha, the Serratus has more subbass presence, creating a more balanced sound with greater genre versatility. I think going from the 'thickness' of Penon house sound to an earbud sound with a Serratus tuning will take some adjustment, so give yourself time to bed in!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #157 of 1,869

You may want to reach out to @tgx78 directly. I listen to film scores, classical music, and jazz, and for that I mainly use the Serratus. I am, however, thinking of getting his next release, the Ripples. Message him for more details :)

Oct 13, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #158 of 1,869

I find the Serratus the more balanced and probably the best starting point, so you're right :)

Oct 13, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #159 of 1,869
That's a statement of trust, jumping straight in with the 'trifecta'. Enjoy! Have you got any other earbuds or are these your first?
These will be my first buds in a long while. I’m very excited to hear these.

Curious what the ripples will be about 😬

Oct 14, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #160 of 1,869
These will be my first buds in a long while. I’m very excited to hear these.

Curious what the ripples will be about 😬
I'm excited for you sir!

I hope you will like them like I do! They really kinda opened (blew) my mind to how good earbuds could be.

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #161 of 1,869
My Serratus have landed. If I only had one word to describe these buds... "Effortless" is how I would describe them. While it's already known that the Serratus aren't meant for all genres of music, the meticulous tuning Jim did makes these buds extremely easy to listen to for the right genres of music. Effortless.

So let's go on a virtual trip to Hawaii together and enjoy some music. Imagine a nice Pacific island ocean breeze blowing on your face as you sit back and chill to the music of Pure Heart...

I don't believe at all in the concept of audio gear not made for all genres of music. To me it doesn't make sense. For example good bass is critically important in classical music, contrary to the clichés. All genres of music cover all the spectrum of the FR.
A good headphone or earbud can have a special flavour and have it's unique FR and timbre which will give it a unique "personnality" but it has nothing to do with genre.
Classical music has bassy music (baroque), super midrange music (opera), etc etc etc...There's no headphone that is better FOR classical music, any good headphone will be good in all genres.

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #163 of 1,869
thanks, please share your finding
Keep in mind I have the Tantalus. The differences with crossfeed are very subtle, but it works surprisingly well. When choosing maximum crossfeed (blue), it sounds lively and the soundstage gets even wider. Also the Mojo2 peaks a lot of details, combined with the bass texture and notes weight it's just fantastic.

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #164 of 1,869
I don't believe at all in the concept of audio gear not made for all genres of music. To me it doesn't make sense. For example good bass is critically important in classical music, contrary to the clichés. All genres of music cover all the spectrum of the FR.
A good headphone or earbud can have a special flavour and have it's unique FR and timbre which will give it a unique "personnality" but it has nothing to do with genre.
Classical music has bassy music (baroque), super midrange music (opera), etc etc etc...There's no headphone that is better FOR classical music, any good headphone will be good in all genres.
673A2A43-26BA-4964-9B1F-3E11C767D73A.jpeg

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #165 of 1,869
Keep in mind I have the Tantalus. The differences with crossfeed are very subtle, but it works surprisingly well. When choosing maximum crossfeed (blue), it sounds lively and the soundstage gets even wider. Also the Mojo2 peaks a lot of details, combined with the bass texture and notes weight it's just fantastic.
Just to add that percussion instruments and vocals sound absolutely great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back