TF10 first impressions
Dec 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #61 of 74
The overall quality and durability for both cables seem to be better than the UE stock cable. The Enyo Cable is a bit stiff, but it is well made. l think you made a wise choice in choosing the Lune Cable... much more comfortable and it sounds great.

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #62 of 74

Quote:
The overall quality and durability for both cables seem to be better than the UE stock cable. The Enyo Cable is a bit stiff, but it is well made. l think you made a wise choice in choosing the Lune Cable... much more comfortable and it sounds great.

Where can one buy the Lune cables?

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #64 of 74
I agree with you that cable connectors don't fit flush. The cable connectors on the Lune and Enyo are a bit longer than UE Stock Cable. However, it doesn't in any way affect the sound, just aesthetically. 

Dec 28, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #65 of 74
What did you use to cover the exposed pins?

Also how long did it take for them to ship out and arrive to your door? I ordered an Enyo a few days ago because i cant manage the stock cable at all, its driving me nuts.

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #68 of 74
Yes... They are made for the SF3, SF5 Pros and TF 10's. I'm not sure why they can't fix this problem. You would think, it would be really easy for them to get a pair of stock UE cable and measure the exact length of the connector and do the same for their cable.

If it bothers you that much, you might be able to cut or file down the connector to make it fit flush. I personally never tried this and I haven't heard of any one that has done it with the Null Cables. I'm sure it's possible though... like the Westone ES Cable.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #70 of 74

Quote:
I got the TripleFis 2 months ago and I think they are among the most tasteful monitors, I've ever heard. I will admit, though, that they require quite a bit of burn in. I got them along side with the UE 700s and for the first 2 weeks I preferred the 700s. It was only after a month and a half where I really experienced the triplefis in their full sonic glory. The mids might be a little recessed and they aren't the fastest monitors, but the result of these two traits is a wonderfully creamy smooth sonic signature, that I just love. Due to the recessed mids, vocals aren't as upfront, but a lot more part of the song, which provides for a very balanced signature (not in terms of frequency responce!). And, although they are very fast, they are never overwhelmed, they have that rare trait, where it feels like music slows down for them. The highs are very detailed but never sibilant. I will admit that they were slightly sibilant, prior to burn in, but now they are very smooth and never sibilant. But the most amazing, almost magical, trait of these iems, is that instruments and voice feel full bodied. Every instrument feels huge, going from the 700s to the triplefis, feels like going from a classroom choir class to a performance in an orchestra. They definitely don't have an as large soundstage as my ultrasone pro 900s and they aren't as fast, but they definitely have a composition of sonic traits, that provide that certain something we crave for. I love them and I feel like no monitors are/will put them to shame, they have a spot reserved in any monitors collection. I wholeheartedly recommend these and I think they are well worth $400, which makes $200 a bargain. ^^
By the way, I ordered a Null Audio Lune cable, which should arrive in 2 weeks. I heard the soundstage increases and mids a improve. I'll hope for the best. I'll share my impressions, once it arrives. As for comfort, the tripleFis are perfectly fine, as long as you don't wear a hat :p They just have to be looped around the ear, which is the way they are meant to be worn, hence UE is written right side up, when they are worn that way...'-.- I have no comfort issues with them, they are, in fact, more comfortable than the 700s. The only downside is that they are quite bulky and stick out of your ears, making you look like Frankenstein. They aren't a fashion statement, but I don't think Head-fiers prioritize fashion over sound. And if you do, you probably shouldn't be interested in the Triplefis to begin with. :p

Thank you so much for this. I decided to get a pair a couple of days before Christmas and have to wait a little longer than normal for them to arrive due to the holiday period. I was hoping for this sonic signature as I was wanting to replicate somewhat the sonic signature of my D5000'S. It sounds like these will be perfect for out and about use. Now the wait!

Oh yes, got my pair from a reputable ebay seller for $170 including shipping!

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #71 of 74
Quote:
Mkubota1 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am considering these (Null) cables as well, but I'm a bit worried about them because they are cables specific to "TF10PROs" but they do not fit flush?  Am I missing something here?

The pins are slightly longer, see here

Also if you have a closer look, the TF10's pin jack has a recessed bit. Aftermarket cable makers are having a hard time getting a connector to match up with it. The white cable below is for Westone 3's i believe.

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #72 of 74
Ahhh... it's more clear now.  BTW, excellent macro photography!  But is it correct that with the Westone cable since the pins are placed slightly differently you end up having to force it in and run the risk of pulling out the receptacle (on the IEM side) when replacing those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back