TF10 first impressions
Dec 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

Noyan

New Head-Fier
I just got my amazon tf10s in the mail and here are my first impressions.

Wow, the fit is awful. at first. Once you fiddle with them a little bit it gets better. the sound? Not what i would expect from supposed 400 dollar headphones. they sound just as good as my ath-m50. For the price though, im pleased with them so far. will post full review in a month or so

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 74

Quote:

Wow, the fit is awful. at first. Once you fiddle with them a little bit it gets better. the sound? Not what i would expect from supposed 400 dollar headphones. they sound just as good as my ath-m50. For the price though, im pleased with them so far. will post full review in a month or so

That's why they're under $200 
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 74
If you can't get a good fit right out of the box, try flipping them and reversing the cables.  It makes a huge difference.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 74

That's exactly what I'm thinking.  I mean, they sound pretty good, but not mind blowing to justify $399.99 MSRP.  I have to push them into my ear, which is a bit painful, to hear some "bass". 

I guess I gotta grow into them.  I'm not sure if getting them custom fitted will make them sound less muffled.  
Quote:

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 74
switch left/right cable and then put your right earpiece in your left ear and left earpiece to right ear.

you should also try other replacement cable. they make a world of difference to comfort/fit.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 74
seriously, what are you guys listening to these with? 
personally I am pretty impressed with the sound I am getting out of these.  I would expect the clarity, detail and tonality to be much better than the m50's. 
they are very good straight out of my ipod, and are very impressive out of my TTVJ amp....

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 74
^ What mikop said.

Also play around with the tips. I find that silicone work better for me, though I'm thinking that comply P tips might work even better. But I like a deepish fit.

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #9 of 74
i'm probably going to get flamed for this
but....anyone else getting tired with these posts (just got my tf10 they suck herp durp) or am i the only one?
personally, i really believe the tf10's benefit from a burn in.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #12 of 74
I really like the TF10 I believe they are very balanced with nice detail and musical. I prefer them over my D1001 I was using with my ipod. I listen mostly to jazz so they are very good for that genre and sound good paying Rush. For 95.00 bucks a steal.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #13 of 74
Quote:
i'm probably going to get flamed for this
but....anyone else getting tired with these posts (just got my tf10 they suck herp durp) or am i the only one?
personally, i really believe the tf10's benefit from a burn in.

Well, I haven't even heard mine as I'll get it as a Christmas present, and it just feels so bad to read constantly it's not even good :p but I'm still hoping...

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #14 of 74
I would add classical music as also very good with these iems...

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #15 of 74
I dont like contradicting myself, but I'm actually finding them to be a quite competent pair of IEM's(taking back what I said about them last month). They flat out beat my Turbine Copper's in detail, and sound very good with trance and electronica. The only reason I still use my Monsters on a regular basis is because they have that fun sound; where the TF10's sing it how it is.

Fit is a big issue and definitely has an impact on their sound. If you are finding it difficult to get a good seal, try wearing the comply tips backwards(so the silicone core sits flush with the foam). It doesnt interfere with the sound if you configure it this way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back