tentative June 27th cincinnati headroom meet
Jun 24, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #61 of 72
ok, parking wise your best bet is probably going to be street level. there is a parking lot for the Rohs Street Cafe, but the bulk of it is going to be taken up by Tyll's vehicle. that will leave a couple spaces, which will be first come, first serve. there is usually a good deal of parking up and down the street in front of the cafe on Saturdays. another option is the various lots in the clifton area that are pay by meter. these are fine, but if you park there you must be VERY careful with the time, as the lots tow aggressively. you can also park in the University of Cincinnati parking lots, which is about 5 minutes by foot (its about 1000 feet away, but there is plenty of traffic) from Rohs Street Cafe. parking will run you about $6 for the day, unless the rates have gone up a lot recently, and would be a good choice if you aren't carrying anything. food wise, there are lots of retaurants very close by, and if nothing catches your fancy i can point you in the direction of the "classy" part of clifton that has many restaurants. at the cafe itself, there should be a staff making coffee and tea and there should be pastries. if you have any questions, let me know.

Jun 24, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodcans
No guarantees, but it's looking good for me. Won't be able to arrive until 2pm or so. Will bring the DAC1. Should I bring my other stuff...mpx3/650zu/990promogami?

it's totally up to you, if you want to lug your gear. i didn't get a chance to hear your MPX3 at Earl's, though, so i would like a shot at hearing it. don't feel obligated if it's a big inconvenience. actually, go ahead and bring the ZU/650's. i really liked them at the last meet, and i would like to get a chance to really compare them to my CD3000's.

Jun 24, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #64 of 72
Okay, phones & dac1 at the least. If I can lug it, the mpx3 comes too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
it's totally up to you, if you want to lug your gear. i didn't get a chance to hear your MPX3 at Earl's, though, so i would like a shot at hearing it. don't feel obligated if it's a big inconvenience. actually, go ahead and bring the ZU/650's. i really liked them at the last meet, and i would like to get a chance to really compare them to my CD3000's.

Jun 24, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #66 of 72
well, i'll have my DVD player and my airport express with me. i have a pair of splitters, so the dvd player can support 2 amps. you might want to bring one, just in case, if it isn't a huge bother.

Jun 24, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #67 of 72
I'll bring one. It's hard to get a sense of who is coming from this thread for some reason. Well, as long as I get hear the new Headroom amps, it will be worth it!

Jun 24, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #68 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
I'll bring one. It's hard to get a sense of who is coming from this thread for some reason. Well, as long as I get hear the new Headroom amps, it will be worth it!

yeah, i was hoping it would be easier to get a list going and be organized, but whatcha gonna do?

Jun 25, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #69 of 72
just in case anyone wanted to, feel free to bring food to the cafe
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #70 of 72
btw, i think you guys are going to like how the place is arranged. there is a large area for equipment and listening, and a comfy lounge for chit chat. it should help alleviate the "i can't hear the stuff properly because it's at a meet" syndrome, i hope
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back