Technics Premium Stereo Earphones EAH-TZ700
Oct 21, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #47 of 219
Brent Butterworth (a veteran reviewer) just gave these a big thumbs up in his review, comparing them with the JVC HA-FW01, Meze Rai Penta and Campfire Audio Solaris and he thought that these compact 1DD IEMs went toe-to-toe with the Solaris!

https://www.soundstagesolo.com/index.php/equipment/earphones/260-technics-eah-tz700-earphones

There is also an easy-to-miss link to some measurements near the top of the article:

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...nics-eah-tz700-earphones&catid=263&Itemid=203

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #48 of 219
I love this combo! Technics EAH-TZ700 x Eletech Socrates
200919Socrates_by_Lu88_20200919_2.JPG

BTW, I've noticed the EAH-TZ700 sold in Japan has a little difference in the spec. I'm curios whether there is also a difference in terms of the sound signature. (I've asked but I couldn't get the clear answer from the Technics support.)

Global model:
- Impedance: 37 Ω
- Sensitivity: 102 db/mW

Japan model:
- Impedance: 19 Ω
- Sensitivity: 108 db/mW

Oct 22, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #49 of 219
BTW, I've noticed the EAH-TZ700 sold in Japan has a little difference in the spec. I'm curios whether there is also a difference in terms of the sound signature. (I've asked but I couldn't get the clear answer from the Technics support.)

Global model:

Japan model:
That is interesting....

Sam-the-Eagle-2.png

Oct 22, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #50 of 219
I love this combo! Technics EAH-TZ700 x Eletech Socrates
200919Socrates_by_Lu88_20200919_2.JPG

Global model:

Japan model:
Why did you upgrade the cable? Is it more comfortable or less microphonics when you wear it cable down?
Generic question for users of this IEM: How deep does everyone insert it?

Oct 22, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #51 of 219
Why did you upgrade the cable? Is it more comfortable or less microphonics when you wear it cable down?
Generic question for users of this IEM: How deep does everyone insert it?

> Why did you upgrade the cable?
Because:
1. I prefer pre-formed earhook style cables for less microphonics and more stable fit.
2. I wanted a cable with a 4.4mm plug to connect directly to the DX220Max.
3. In addition to that, I aslo expected some sound improvements like fuller presentation, more vocal oriented signature, and so on.

I've tried several copper, silver-coted copper, silver, and hybrid cables. And finaly I found the "Socrates" copper cable to be perfect for me.

> Generic question for users of this IEM: How deep does everyone insert it?
Just ike this picture.

Oct 22, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #52 of 219
> Why did you upgrade the cable?
Because:
1. I prefer pre-formed earhook style cables for less microphonics and more stable fit.
2. I wanted a cable with a 4.4mm plug to connect directly to the DX220Max.
3. In addition to that, I aslo expected some sound improvements like fuller presentation, more vocal oriented signature, and so on.

I've tried several copper, silver-coted copper, silver, and hybrid cables. And finaly I found the "Socrates" copper cable to be perfect for me.

> Generic question for users of this IEM: How deep does everyone insert it?
Just ike this picture.
Thanks!
So you wear it over the ear?
Seen that picture before but given the angle it’s hard to judge how deep it is :)

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #54 of 219
> So you wear it over the ear?
Yes, the logo is upside down though. The L-size oval earpieces are perfect match to my ears.

11343804.jpg

Doesn't this invert the sound stage/imaging? These earphones are designed to be worn conventionally with the cable hanging straight down. Now sounds that you should hear as coming from above will sound as if coming from below, likewise for left and right.

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #58 of 219
Doesn't this invert the sound stage/imaging? These earphones are designed to be worn conventionally with the cable hanging straight down. Now sounds that you should hear as coming from above will sound as if coming from below, likewise for left and right.

> Doesn't this invert the sound stage/imaging?
No, the sound stage/imaging are quite natural and great as normal style. It may be because this one is a simple 1 dynamic driver IEM??

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #59 of 219
Test it! This would never happen. But this would be funny, of course. Male vocals sounds like female, bass sounds like highs and so on. :D

lol that's obviously not what I meant but point taken.

No, the sound stage/imaging are quite natural and great as normal style. It may be because this one is a simple 1 dynamic driver IEM??

Yeah it being a single DD is probably what makes it not matter, I guess I was thinking of multi driver designs, but who knows maybe even for those it doesn't make a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back