TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014)
May 20, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #421 of 447
Try to install the TEAC HR Player on your phone and switch USB-changing feature between ON & OFF from the P90. Some phones don't recognise USB device when there are no charge flows through the USB port. I hope it could make some difference.

May 21, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #422 of 447
I haven't tried the HR player. I'm aware of the charging thing, it was a problem with my previous smartphone but not my current smartphone and tablet. I use a cable with the power pin broken off with my P50, but normal cables and changing the charging setting did nothing, unfortunately.

Jun 10, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #423 of 447

Just picked up a used Teac HA-P90SD very cheaply and it is the perfect companion for my Xduoo X10T II.
Which has USB OTG, so can read the sd card in the teac as well as Bluetooth bi-directional(APT-X) and Hiby Link.
So all the bases covered, Tidal, Spotify etc.
I have always enjoyed the Burr Brown dac having owned the full size dacs in the past.
The Teac also has loads of power to feed my RHA C1,s to the full.

Sorry, I dont get it. What does the 2nd DAP that the Teac wouldn#t do too ??????

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #426 of 447
Ok, but a mobile phone wouldn't do the same?
No, not even close to the same.
The P90SD receives PCM or DoP signals from other devices though USB port. However, the signals from a mobile phone are usually much poorer than a good DAP's due to the DSP, circuit designs & materials, and isolation.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #428 of 447
Is this still a good purchase?

Jul 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #429 of 447
Soundwise absolutely still holding strong. Way better from the USB than from the SD slot. But it has no wifi or Bluetooth and its UI is crap. Both you can solve by using a mobile phone as source. It is powerful enough to drive my HD800 to very good levels.

Jul 9, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #430 of 447
Yes, if you are looking for a small DAC/AMP at a much cheaper price than the time it launched. The power output is great, the Burr Brown DAC is a beauty soundwise, and it’s dead-silent even to quite sensitive IEM like my IE800 or XBA-Z5.
But yep, the UI is quite shallow, and I ended up use it as my laptop standing DAC, and use my iphone+isine 20 as my travel combo.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #434 of 447
Will this also work with iPod touch 6G (as known it can not reproduce FLAC, DSD) but it can maybe read the content on P90)???
Yes, it will work with an ipod, any ipod actually, but not the way you’re thinking. The p90 is a dac/amp so it will only decode the data from your ipod to wave signal then amplify it for a headphone. The ipod is not capable to read the data in the p90.

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #435 of 447
How would you compare P90 to Teac UD-503?
Do they sound similar? I liked Teac's UD-H01 a lot... if P90 sounds like their UD models, I want to try it.
and can anyone tell me sound quality difference between P50 and P90?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back