TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014)
May 19, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #307 of 447
A bit of trick for those who gets invalid card on p90sd

If you have used microsd or new one but kept getting invalid card when inserted, here's a solution

1. insert those card to android device, then format it
2. re insert the card to the player, it should works.

I have these problem with my card when my friend borrowed it. it has some virus on it. After cleaning it, the player won't detect it. Even formatting from my windows 10 on various format still no avail. and those procedure above solved my problem

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #308 of 447
been playing around with P90SD for a while and it's really impressive so far.
it sounds so dynamic and natural i prefer it to my DX80 & Mojo combo.
i had some concerns about the controls but i got used to it pretty quickly and i can navigate with my left hand easily. i'm an album guy and all of my music files are perfectly tagged so i have no problems with the controls overall.

this is the best sounding DAP under $1k range and can't believe it's now available under $400.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #309 of 447
P90 internal hardware is excellent, yeah I'd say it's one of the best sounding daps under 1k, and at any price really, dap's that cost over 1k are just rubbish value for money rather than better sounding in a significant way reflecting their price.

Jul 10, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #310 of 447
Thank for clear and significant review.
At the date hereof, and with latest firmware installed (1.20 release date 2016/03/17)
nothing has been done and corrected by Teac to enhance an UI that you can not just
define essential but more appropriately it would be right to consider it non-existent.
Nothing to say about the sound quality, in my opinion, to the state of art, but is this be enough
to put on the market a music player that offers little more than one possibility:
to turn the unit ON and listen to music that it decides to play for you at that moment.

Jul 10, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #313 of 447
I'm still using this dap daily and since the update to allow lossless playback it is now bordering on perfection. I don't mind the basic interface, it's the sound quality that I adore. The only feature I'm now still waiting for is the promised 24/192 FLAC playback so that I can tag my 24/192 files, but WAV is good enough for the time being.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #315 of 447
Late to the party as usual and been catching up on the thread. One of the very first review on this thread (post 27 on page 2) mention this "I had most of my music in Apple lossless (.m4a) and it DOES NOT play this format" but reading the manual, it does list m4a as a supported format under AAC. Does anyone have the same problem or can you actually playback .m4a files?

P.S Bestbuy have the the black version available for $298 while it is still around $400 on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back