Tea-Fi?
Nov 8, 2006 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 750

terance

1000+ Head-Fier
I have been a tea drinker for a long time, hot, cold, green, dark whatever it is, I love trying new teas.

I was wondering if there was some kind of online seller, or local seller that you guys perfer tastewise?

I've been in an Earl grey mode lately, but i just got out of a decaf green tea phase.

-matt

Nov 8, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 750
I've been using uptontea.com, they are, in my opinion, quite good considering the price. Buy at your own risk though, I'm pretty newbish with teas.

Extremes for me--White or Lapsang Souchong.

Nov 8, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #8 of 750
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
passion fruit green tea!

which is more like juice...

Right on. .

I've been going to smoothie king about 2-3 times a week, Green Tea Tango with passion fruit. . .7 bucks for a 32 oz. .

and i thought headphones were expensive
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #11 of 750
Im all about black teas, especially chai. Anyone have any recommendations on the best chais?

Nov 8, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #13 of 750
Oh yes! Tea-Fi! It seems like the Head-Fi community and I have a lot in common!
icon10.gif

Here's some Chinese tea that I currently have:

I only know the names in Chinese, so I can't really tell you what they are! I believe the ones on the right are Jasmine pearls...

Here's the ceramic cup/mug that I use to drink tea. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and energy to make Chinese tea the proper way
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 750
Plain old Iced Green Tea for me. Love the somewhat bitter taste. I could see myself replacing some coffee mornings with tea. MMM, soothing on the throat.

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #15 of 750
Shall we start Team Tea-Fi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by terence
awesome find, thanks for sharing

The IngenuiTea tea maker they sell is really great, they even have a video showing how it works, i really recommend them. http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenu...3bf2b475550404

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redleader
Im all about black teas, especially chai. Anyone have any recommendations on the best chais?

Technically, Chai just means tea in Hindi, what you are most likely referring to is Oriental Spice. http://www.adagio.com/flavors/oriental_spice.html

Quote:

Here's the ceramic cup/mug that I use to drink tea. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and energy to make Chinese tea the proper way

Is the 'proper way' for making Chinese tea different than making other types of loose-leaf tea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back