TDK BA200 Thread
May 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #931 of 1,509
Quote:
Anyone know a good website to buy a pair? Amazon won't ship to my country, unfortunately :frowning2: will go for the E-Q5 instead as it's of similar sonic characteristic.

Contact Stereo Electronics Singapore and may be they can make a deal for you. This is their TDK IE800 thread but I know they carry BA200 as well.

May 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #932 of 1,509
Quote:

The BA200 new revision box dimensions : 9.2 x 3.6 x 15.6 cm, weight : unknown.

Thanks. so indeed i am getting the older version

Quote:
 No filters is more annoying.

Yea i know. I didnt care about the cleaning tool but replacement filters is a must. Unless you can remove existing filter and clean it somehow and put it back on

Quote:

The BA200 new revision box dimensions : 9.2 x 3.6 x 15.6 cm, weight : unknown.

Could you do me a favour? Please check the included manual, which states the stuff included in the box and the specifications. It seems funny that the manual available from the official US site is the old version

http://support.tdkperformance.com/app/answers/list/p/403,434

May 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #933 of 1,509
the filters fall off easily

when the current pair falls and gets lost, I will ragequit and glue on the last pair that I have

though I forsee that it will be unlikely as I changed from using the pouch to using the Westone Monitor Vault

May 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #934 of 1,509
Quote:
Could you do me a favour? Please check the included manual, which states the stuff included in the box and the specifications. It seems funny that the manual available from the official US site is the old version

http://support.tdkperformance.com/app/answers/list/p/403,434

FarCry, sure not a problem.

For your convenience and to put your mind at ease,
I've took a picture with the manual included page, together with the new rev. BA200 and it accessories.
As you can see in the pict, the new rev. specification are the same as the old rev.
There's two typo in the manual as it still stated, Cord length 52cm  (plus 75mm extension cable). Seriously, 75mm TDK? 
size]

May 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #935 of 1,509
Quote:

FarCry, sure not a problem.

For your convenience and to put your mind at ease,
I've took a picture with the manual included page, together with the new rev. BA200 and it accessories.
As you can see in the pict, the new rev. specification are the same as the old rev.
There's two typo in the manual as it still stated, Cord length 52cm  (plus 75mm extension cable). Seriously, 75mm TDK? 
size]

I thought would be the same as the official PDF i posted
biggrin.gif

There is also the mm and the extension cord mentioned too
biggrin.gif

Anyway the good thing is that replacement filters are indeed included in the new version. That is a relief

We will see. I may be getting the new version instead of the old one simply because amazon details are outdated (or just copied from the official TDK website)

There is nowhere official info of the new version to be found  (according to my search so far). It's all greek to me (pun intended)

May 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #936 of 1,509
Quote:
As per informed by our engineers, the new version of our TDK BA200 earbuds
has been remade with a single cable, to avoid problems with the extension
cable
, and the 3.5mm-6.9mm adapter is no longer included. Therefore, since
the UPC number is the same, you'd need to verify the contents in the box, to
determine which version you have.

No other changes were made but it's possible that due to the direct
connectivity between the earbuds and the device, the audio quality was
enhanced.

first off

1) long cable due to multiple instances of extension cord fault

2) UPC number is the same. There is no way to know which version i am going to receive. random is random. I hope to get the new one though
biggrin.gif

3) The only change in the sound can only happen due to the direct connectivity with the drivers. Althought rin said that it doesnt matter and would be identical.

Quote:
Rin ChoiMay 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Ah, that's right. The extension cable shouldn't affect the sound quality at all.

therefore cable material is the same in both versions
there is no acoustic tuning

now waiting to get my precious BA200 in my handsssssssss

May 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #937 of 1,509
Sucks about the 3.5mm - 1/4" adapter being axed. I doubt many people use them but it's nice to have in case you need it.

May 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #939 of 1,509
Yea, but that doesn't make it suck less that it'll no longer be included at the same MSRP. It'll definitely save them a few pennies on each set lol. It's not a big deal I was just posting my initial reaction. If they hadn't included it in the first place I wouldn't even be complaining. I think they included it to begin with because they were marketing it as a professional product and most professional systems go with a 1/4" jack.

May 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #942 of 1,509
Quote:
yeah ok but you are not going to buy a white cable
tongue.gif

I am wondering why the extension cord is so fragile. i am reading a lot about that failing.....

Do you have any future suggestions for a durable extension cord same length?

Mine BA200 send for warranty once and get the replacement unit due to it original extension cable spoil
one side no sound.
Now I am using Daiso 100 yen extension cable

May 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #944 of 1,509
Quote:

got the new one
biggrin.gif

pictures coming ASAP
wink.gif

Nice one mate, enjoy them. 
ksc75smile.gif

Look forward to your impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread