TDK BA200 Thread
Apr 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #901 of 1,509
Quote:
might be but i dont have this problem with my other IEMs. Anyway, the hiss is bearable now, infact  negligible, maybe a part of mental burnin.
But channel imbalance is still there, when controlled through R-L balance through my laptop, the R-side takes extra 9% to make it balance. They sound awesome then.
Anyone, know how to control R-L output in iphone?

Regards

You shouldn't pan the sound to make the ears sound equal. Have you tested your ears, as in listening to other headphones and see if you hear the imbalance too?
If it really is the IEM, you should return them.

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #902 of 1,509
yep, i tried with other phones, and now am damn sure the right peice is faulty since it distorts, i mean only the right side distorts when too many instruments are played through. Trance, classic, vocals  and my favourite Evanescence as well as Dido.
files- 16/44.1  and 24/48-alac
source- iphone 4s + E11
             dell m14x- creative audio

Regards

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #903 of 1,509
I went through 12 different sets of headphones over four months to find what I was looking for from the BA200. I thought I was going to have to go with an over or on ear. These are amazing.

I owned each one below;

CAL!
K550
SRH940
SRH840
ATHM50
M80
D2000
DT770
DT880
M2
HD25
SE215

May 3, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #906 of 1,509
hey guys i just bought the BA 200

I will tell you my impressions when the package arrives.

For 99 euros including shipping (roughly 130 USD, 83 UK pounds) its the best price I could find everywhere. New full with 2 years warranty

May 3, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #908 of 1,509
Quote:
Where did you find it at this price ?

shipping was free for Greece and UK. I dont have addresses to other countries but i can assume the same stands for the whole EU

http://www.amazon.de/TDK-Balanced-Armature-InEar-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-Hochleistungstreiber/dp/B005OEN3EM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367573740&sr=8-2&keywords=tdk+ba+200

May 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #909 of 1,509
hey guys i just bought the BA 200

I will tell you my impressions when the package arrives.

For 99 euros including shipping (roughly 130 USD, 83 UK pounds) its the best price I could find everywhere. New full with 2 years warranty

Great price. Hope you like them!

Speaking of warranty, the 3.5mm extender died on me yesterday on the female side. Gonna call up TDK today. Gave me a good scare at first with no sound coming from the left earpiece.

Using your phone while not having the extender is ridiculous; you need to keep it about 8 inches from your face. Luckily my jacket had a breast pocket.

May 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #910 of 1,509
Mine failed a few days ago, and the same thing... I cannot hear from the left side.

TDK (or should I say Imation) is efficient and changed a new cable for me immediately.

Nice service I feel, though I am not sure about other countries.

Guess I should consider a reshell when the warranty period is over.

May 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #912 of 1,509
Quote:
does it make any difference if you use your own extender cable? after the end of the warranty period i mean. They should be darn cheap from ebay

Didn't really hear much (or any) difference, though my white Audio Technica extension cable look weird on the BA200

May 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #913 of 1,509
yeah ok but you are not going to buy a white cable
tongue.gif

I am wondering why the extension cord is so fragile. i am reading a lot about that failing.....

Do you have any future suggestions for a durable extension cord same length?

May 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #914 of 1,509
Quote:
Mine failed a few days ago, and the same thing... I cannot hear from the left side.

TDK (or should I say Imation) is efficient and changed a new cable for me immediately.

Nice service I feel, though I am not sure about other countries.

Guess I should consider a reshell when the warranty period is over.

They ran out of extension cables and want me to send back the entire unit and package and they'll replace it with a new one. As nice as that sounds, I'd rather just not deal with that and have a new extension cable sent out to me. Oh well.

I didn't even give a thought to reshelling them. That's interesting. I can't imagine it not changing the sound. Has anyone reshelled them yet?

Quote:
does it make any difference if you use your own extender cable? after the end of the warranty period i mean. They should be darn cheap from ebay

I cant tell if it was my imagination, but it sounded louder without the extender. Any 3.5mm female to male should work. You can even buy one of those reaaaaaally expensive ones or have one made, not that I see a reason for it since it would just feed into the stock upper part of the cable.

Quote:
Didn't really hear much (or any) difference, though my white Audio Technica extension cable look weird on the BA200

I used an AT cable too, from my CKM50
biggrin.gif

It was a looser fit around the plug than the stock extender cable fwiw, but still works fine.

May 4, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #915 of 1,509
Quote:

I cant tell if it was my imagination, but it sounded louder without the extender. Any 3.5mm female to male should work. You can even buy one of those reaaaaaally expensive ones or have one made, not that I see a reason for it since it would just feed into the stock upper part of the cable.

confused.gif

that sounds interesting. I will check it myself when they arrive. just for kicks. normally i am reading that changing cables does indeed change the sound but i will also test that

But it shouldn't make any difference because the signal feeds the drivers through the upper stock cable. therefore any change coming from the lower cable end would automatically be cancelled by the stock cable one. would that be a right thing to say? Sound would change only if you change the whole cord that connects to the drivers.

it would only change the impedance a different extender cord if i am not mistaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back