Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Mar 4, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #2,311 of 2,420
Very interesting, I've just tested them out and I think they do appear to have a difference when multiple switches are on - but I'm always sceptical of my ears so would love to hear what others who own a set think.

From my (very brief) testing, it appears that each switch increases bass, with the 1st adding a lot, the 2nd adding a fair bit, and the third adding a little. This means you have a few viable options:
  • 001 - reduced bass, bright and treble focused
  • 010 - solid bass hit, but well balanced
  • 011 - noticeably bassier than 010, getting into being a bass-heavy tuning
  • 100 - huge, bass-dominant
  • 111 - even more bass than 100, seems warmer to my ear too

You also have 110 and 101, but I feel like the first bass switch is so dominant, you may as well turn both the other switches on if you want to get even more bass out of it.

I think the most interesting setting is 011, as a middle ground between 010 and 100 - which Akros highlighted in his review too :) But needs some more testing I think!
Great, thanks for investigating! Even more flexibility then!

Mar 4, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #2,312 of 2,420
I am on the Ivipq-129 myself now, looks even better IMHO. Can't really comment much on the sonic differences tho. I think my ears are not sensitive enough to pick them up.
PXL_20240304_183859342.jpg
Looks great! I'm also running a cable not based on any perceived sonic differences - using the Artti Flex A7. Modular cable, nice ergonomics, I like the purple with the IEMs' turquoise, and under $25. Tried the stock cable, tried the Quattro cable, tried a few others, but nope; once volume-matched (the volume difference between cables made me hear differences, so would need to turn up or down to match) I found the profile was the same across cables.

I swear I am hearing sonic differences from having multiple switches on though... An acquired taste, but for anyone who likes extremely heavy stoner/doom metal, try putting all three switches on and listening to Funeralopolis by Electric Wizard. Absolutely skull-rattling, I really think even more than on the 100 setting.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #2,313 of 2,420
20240304_223242~3.jpg
oh yes they Rock!!

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #2,315 of 2,420
1709592457589.png

Speaking of cables. I got a new Penon prototype ASOS+ on the new TSMR-FEAT shown in pic. But this cable matches extremely well with the TSMR-X. This cable actually enhances that airy spacious quality of the TSMR-X to a different level. Will post an impression soon on the TSMR-FEAT on both the Discovery thread and here.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #2,316 of 2,420
20240304_223242~3.jpgoh yes they Rock!!
Dude, you got some incredible colors going there!!

I'm trying to keep my IEMs semi-hidden from my better half, so I'm looking for a grey or blue+black copper cable for my TSMR X!!

Mar 4, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #2,317 of 2,420
Oooo I like, Very Blingy..A bit of gold plating should help give a richer tonal quality, Need to try more gold plated cables on my set of TSMR-S.
It really does especially on the treble area

Mar 4, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #2,319 of 2,420
The original cable had too much treble for my liking. This one looks unique. Is it comparable to the OG cable?
It seems to tame /round off the treble making a more even playback and add a delicious richness to the overall signature I'm also using Divinus Velvet tips. Plus it looks gangster bling 😃😎💥🤘
Edit I'm listening with the Cayin N7 so I'm sure that is influential in the sound too

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #2,320 of 2,420
It seems to tame /round off the treble making a more even playback and add a delicious richness to the overall signature I'm also using Divinus Velvet tips. Plus it looks gangster bling 😃😎💥🤘
Edit I'm listening with the Cayin N7 so I'm sure that is influential in the sound too
Great! I'm going to proceed 😆 currently using the TRI Clarion tips with the cable abovementioned.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #2,321 of 2,420
Have anybody asked or know what the second tool delivered with the X is for? There is one simcard slot tool for the switches, and then another one that fit in the small hole in the film retarding driver. Have no clue what it’s for🤔😅.
lol same, any one know what it is for?

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #2,322 of 2,420
Have anybody asked or know what the second tool delivered with the X is for? There is one simcard slot tool for the switches, and then another one that fit in the small hole in the film retarding driver. Have no clue what it’s for🤔😅.
That's plug for 3.5mm, I think it's the same purpose with simcard tool

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #2,323 of 2,420
Great! I'm going to proceed 😆 currently using the TRI Clarion tips with the cable abovementioned.
Aren’t the Clarion for enhancing treble - is that what you’re trying to go for on the X? I ask because at least for me there is probably a little too much treble for long term listening.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #2,325 of 2,420
Isn’t the Clarion for enhancing treble - is that what you’re trying to go for on the X? I ask because, at least for me, there is probably a little too much treble for long-term listening.
I've already changed the cable., and burned somewhat. The Clarion opens up the stage and might impact the whole sound, but I am not sure they enhance specifically trebles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back