Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #46 of 2,420
I just wanted to tell you that today I tried the foam bullets and I love the result.

Curiously, in another thread they comment the same thing but with another iem. I think I'm going to buy some and try the rest of the iems I have at home.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #47 of 2,420
I just wanted to tell you that today I tried the foam bullets and I love the result.

Curiously, in another thread they comment the same thing but with another iem. I think I'm going to buy some and try the rest of the iems I have at home.
Some pictures would be highly appreciated :)

Jan 27, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #48 of 2,420
Some pictures would be highly appreciated :)

washza.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #52 of 2,420
I switched back to the stock cable last night and did notice a reduction in the noise level. But it's still a little more than I'd like.

I will say though I do understand the hype surrounding these IEM's. These may be the most expensive IEM's I've purchased but their sound quality surprised me especially for $180.
I have more expensive ones, but I just LOVE these iems.

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #53 of 2,420
Got mine today. I ordered them at Penon and I got nice present with them - Penon cable. Thank you Penon. These catch my eye some time ago and I somehow hesitate with order, but finally I placed it few weeks back and today things happened.

Mirai are slightly more robust than most of 3 river units and they are heavier as well. As was mentioned few times nozzle diameter is big. Bigger than nozzles on any IEM I had in my hands so fare. But on lucky side, my favorite SpiralDot tips works and holds well. Shape of shell is simple, not complicated and fits well my ears. But I think that those with smaller ears and concha can have problems with fit, because Mirai are really bigger.

I'm sure that everyone who is interested in Mirai read or know they story. After not long listening ( yet ) session I must submit, that their creator is extremely talented in earphone sound tuning. I believe that these little ( more like slightly bigger :) ) gems are deserved leader between any unit with price tag 200USD and well beyond. At least for me they are without any doubt.
Mirai magical switches adjust sound signature only that much, that Mirai will be in perfect synergy with any player. Sound have great resolution, is transparent, well controlled across the frequencies, detailed, precise and yet musical. Only one minor issue I found, is their inclination to collect background hiss from players. But CA Andromeda suffer same problem and still, they are excellent in terms of sound.

It is nice to see, that IEM market is developing so well and we can get this level os sound quality for 200USD only ( 189USD in fact ). Well done, really.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #55 of 2,420
Still waiting on my custom designed ones I ordered from Penon. It's been like 3 weeks and they haven't even shipped yet. The wait is agonizing :triportsad: I'm sure they will look great but with the Chinese holiday coming up it's going to be a while.

Hi,
How did you send your ear impressions? Did you send them to Penon or directly to the Tansio Mirai guy?
Also could you choose a custom design?
I send an email with those questions to Penon but it's the holidays now :triportsad:

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #56 of 2,420
Hi,
How did you send your ear impressions? Did you send them to Penon or directly to the Tansio Mirai guy?
Also could you choose a custom design?
I send an email with those questions to Penon but it's the holidays now :triportsad:
I didn't do full custom ones just because I like universal ones if I ever want to sell them again. I did a custom faceplate on mine. On the Penon website you can pick what you want customised (shells, faceplate, or custom fit shell) then either chat with them beforehand if it's a design they don't advertise or just add the design # to the notes section at checkout. Like I said I don't know about ear impressions since I didn't do them but I assume you send them to Penon. I finally got a tracking number right before they closed for the holidays so it took about 3 weeks.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #57 of 2,420
I didn't do full custom ones just because I like universal ones if I ever want to sell them again. I did a custom faceplate on mine. On the Penon website you can pick what you want customised (shells, faceplate, or custom fit shell) then either chat with them beforehand if it's a design they don't advertise or just add the design # to the notes section at checkout. Like I said I don't know about ear impressions since I didn't do them but I assume you send them to Penon. I finally got a tracking number right before they closed for the holidays so it took about 3 weeks.

Oh I see, thanks for your message! I hope you can receive them quickly~ Please show them to us at that time

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #58 of 2,420
Mine have been shipped on 29th and they reached here on Thursday already. I still have to wait till Monday to lay hands on them though. Shipping was super quick for free option.

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #59 of 2,420
I tried the Spinfit CP155 on them and really liked the result.

Feb 3, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #60 of 2,420
Not sure whether to go for these or the moondrop kanas pro for listening to black/death/metal. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back