Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff.
Nov 11, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #17 of 97
What i heard over here as well of its capabilty. Please take your time to make the comparison.

I passed on my Uber 1 with Ref 1 to enderbender he'll do a night with them then try with my K10s tomorrow :)

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #25 of 97
Glad I stumbled onto this thread VZ. I know if asked you about the K10, but definitely looking forward to your impressions of the K10 verse the Ref 1 (my goto IEM). K10 has been on my radar for quite sometime...

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #26 of 97
Glad I stumbled onto this thread VZ. I know if asked you about the K10, but definitely looking forward to your impressions of the K10 verse the Ref 1 (my goto IEM). K10 has been on my radar for quite sometime...

Honestly they are both different monsters but I'll do my best to compare them. I'm currently relistening to my Roxanne Customs but apparently keeping them in their case causes cable failure. I haven't used them for the longest time and last I did they ran fine but now if I move my cable just a little bit the left and sometimes even right channel dies.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #27 of 97
Damn, that's a shame. K10 and Roxannes, both have been on my short list... Twice came close to both of them. I feel the K10 would compliment my current gear very well. Roxannes, not too sure as I think they are similar, perhaps an upgrade to my Shure Se846.

Regardless, I want both!!! Thanks VZ.

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #29 of 97
Hi Soullinker, VZ,

Would love you guys doing a comparison between K10 and Ref1 using VZ über cable. Just need your honest reviews in the bass region in terms of quantity, quality and control. Even better if you have that Dream Theater Train of Thought album to make the comparison, especially Mike Portnoy drumming.

Cheers.

hi sorry for the late reply, both of them are very very good, but Im a fan of dynamic drivers, for me from sub to mid bass the ref 1 is very solid and fast (no uber yet) while k10 is more on midbass, i do find ref 1 faster and has a lot more quantity and the sheer impact is very heavy and felt. especially when driven on ak240, the ref 1`s bass could be too much for some..both are very well controlled, going to the mids is a different story
hope this helps

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #30 of 97
hi sorry for the late reply, both of them are very very good, but Im a fan of dynamic drivers, for me from sub to mid bass the ref 1 is very solid and fast (no uber yet) while k10 is more on midbass, i do find ref 1 faster and has a lot more quantity and the sheer impact is very heavy and felt. especially when driven on ak240, the ref 1`s bass could be too much for some..both are very well controlled, going to the mids is a different story

hope this helps

I agree with this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back