T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Sep 4, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #571 of 622
Anyone who's been around a while or does thier research knows DX50 internal amp section is rather lacking, hence why almost every DX50 you see a photo of here has an external amp tied to It including mine. Hapster immediately assumes low impedance IEM's = no amp required, but often there's more to the story.

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #573 of 622
Honestly I've given up on DX50 firmwares. I've run several and just get a headache, though I appreciate the work people put in.

As for H-300 and their somewhat bright / overly vivid presentation I've settled on a rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip (which I had done so for sometime) as I find it smooths them over and calms them. It's actually pretty amazing how good the synergy is, smooth, high in clarity. Remembering I have several other daps here / amp combinations the Sansa unit is my selection by choice for this earphone.

H-300 is a great IEM though, certainly in my top 5. I recently heard a 5 driver hybrid worth double in price that couldn't touch it.

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #574 of 622
Honestly I've given up on DX50 firmwares. I've run several and just get a headache, though I appreciate the work people put in.

As for H-300 and their somewhat bright / overly vivid presentation I've settled on a rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip (which I had done so for sometime) as I find it smooths them over and calms them. It's actually pretty amazing how good the synergy is, smooth, high in clarity. Remembering I have several other daps here / amp combinations the Sansa unit is my selection by choice for this earphone.

H-300 is a great IEM though, certainly in my top 5. I recently heard a 5 driver hybrid worth double in price that couldn't touch it.

5 Driver, what kind of combination?

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #575 of 622

5 Driver, what kind of combination?

I believe it was: x2 BA mids x2 BA highs x1 dynamic driver design. I won't name the brand though. some searches would track it down.

And like I said, I much preferred H-300, especially it's ability to remain extremely coherent during busy passages. I'm sure many H-300 owners have heard the clarity that scream through in the mid-range.  In some ways H-300 is too vivid for its own good. 

Like someone went past 10 and turned it to 11.

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #576 of 622

Thanks. I thought about the exchange. But there are just too many people reporting issues with the relative lack of bass, some even after the exchange. I am more than willing to pay for what's known to work for sure, than hunting that almost mythical "properly working Altone"; loosing time, patience, and possibly money (shipping fees) along the way. 

I do apologize for the negativity. Nevertheless, thanks to all sharing their impressions helping us make a better decision.

Sunggoo kindly accepted my request to return the Altone 200's, and pay the difference to upgrade to the H300. I must say that it was definitely worth it. There's a significant difference in bass response between the H300 and Altones. Altone's are certainly great IEM's, especially given the price, but I think H300 is the more complete package, competitive throughout the frequency range.

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #577 of 622

Sunggoo kindly accepted my request to return the Altone 200's, and pay the difference to upgrade to the H300. I must say that it was definitely worth it. There's a significant difference in bass response between the H300 and Altones. Altone's are certainly great IEM's, especially given the price, but I think H300 is the more complete package, competitive throughout the frequency range.

:)

You're making me anxious to get my H-300 back, I've a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ forgotten what they sound like.

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #578 of 622
Took a whole two months to get my H-300s back. Dang!

I think they ended up giving me a refurb'd pair. I sent them with my comply tx-400 tips as a test. (Didn't get them back) Thankfully, they paid for shipping ($40) so I'm still pleased.

After using my mad dogs only for the past couple months, the H-300 really seemed bright & very intimate. Hopefully my ears will get used to them again, because I already have my eq at like -2db @ 8khz :x

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #579 of 622
Just got a Forza Audioworks copper balanced (RSA) cable for my H-300s (to connect to the balanced input of my Theorem 720). He used the connectors from the stock black cable w/mic. Still too early to compare this to the red and green cable (which I like). I'll post comments soon.

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #580 of 622
hm, well my h300 have finally split into two due to faulty glue. and TP haven't sent the new cable yet.
mailed it back y-day for a replacement.

(can see the metal wire in that last one)

can't wait to get them back - they're the reason I haven't forked out any more money on IEMs for a while
I still prefer EQed H300 to EQed altone200. (more treble extension and more satisfying bass)

+4@50hz q=2.0,
+1@0.8k q=2, (corrects a specific dip on the FR)
+2@1.2k q=0.8 (slightly sweeter mids)
and -2.5 @ 8.3k q=1 (take the edge off the highs a bit)
and -1 @ 9.3k q=1 (take the edge off the highs a bit)

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #581 of 622
You must be really rough with them svyr.
tongue_smile.gif
(joking joking)

That's terrible mate, I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully you can get a replacement quickly.

I actually was going to run a thin layer of clear nail polish around mine and seal them further as I also believe in a matter of time that glue will come apart. It's an accident waiting to happen every time you remove the housing, I try to make sure (if I remember) to hold them past that point.

I still use H-300 often, they're for me quite unique once you learn how to control them. FiiO X1 is doing them proud atm.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #582 of 622
You must be really rough with them svyr. :tongue_smile: (joking joking)

That's terrible mate, I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully you can get a replacement quickly.

I actually was going to run a thin layer of clear nail polish around mine and seal them further as I also believe in a matter of time that glue will come apart. It's an accident waiting to happen every time you remove the housing, I try to make sure (if I remember) to hold them past that point.

I still use H-300 often, they're for me quite unique once you learn how to control them. FiiO X1 is doing them proud atm.
yea we all knew it was going to happen lol. (because of the previous reports) . still I hope the new glue is better

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #583 of 622
Talk about a clarity overload. Listening to Taylor Swift's new 1989 album, for those unaware she's busted out full pop basically. The albums very much mastered with that artificial clarity found in mainstream recordings. When you pair H-300 up with that album I was basically waiting for clarity to literally start melting the housings. Downside is its just too fatiguing after an hour or two.

But its a ride. :wink:

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #584 of 622
Talk about a clarity overload. Listening to Taylor Swift's new 1989 album, for those unaware she's busted out full pop basically. The albums very much mastered with that artificial clarity found in mainstream recordings. When you pair H-300 up with that album I was basically waiting for clarity to literally start melting the housings. Downside is its just too fatiguing after an hour or two.

But its a ride.
wink.gif

Ugh...You know I'm a big fan with her old stuff e.g. Breathe, Starlight, Red, Back to December but her new stuff, I just can't get into it no matter how much I love her voice. Definitely, overload.

Seeing that there were complaints with hot treble on the H-300, it seems that the Atlone200 were released internationally to calm the fans. Nobody knows about Altone200 here in Korea lol well except for me and other very few Korean head-fiers.

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #585 of 622
I think I have gotten used to the hot treble from H-300. It really doesn't bother me anymore. I currently am wowed by the Cayin C5, StudioV, H-300 combination. The very definition of holographic sound. If the DX-90 is better than this, I HAVE TO GET IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back