T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Aug 13, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #557 of 622

Yes, you've been extremely enthusiastic about the Altones from the start. But how about the following impressions:

Do you know for sure that they have the exact same dynamic driver? Or do you think that that must be so by comparing their sound?

Honestly I cannot recommend the Altones to anyone at this point. Some are apparently broken, though we don't know which. I can't say for sure if mine is broken. Yeah, the bass is not enough for my tastes, but is it a defect? Who knows. Some people who exchanged report great bass, some report some difference but not a lot. Sunggoo states if they were broken, the defect would be very obvious, and people stating some difference is due to placebo effect. It's a mess.

I too agree. I have tried both of them side by side. And although the Altones are an AMAZING bang for your buck, bass was just not as impressive as the flagship H-300. Sorry. 
The ones I tried were also apparently the fixed version from a buddy. 

This is all personal experience/preference. That's the funny thing about audio...nobody seems to be able to agree, or people follow the waves. It's so important to make your own decisions in this industry. 

There are just too many factors besides on-paper design. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #558 of 622
It's because the different housing and chamber are effecting air flow around the dynamic driver, there's no problem with me agreeing there, I hear the same but the drivers are identical and really in my opinion knowing they're the same the bass is much of a muchness, plus I'd much rather the retuned mids and highs. The treble is what destined H-300 to only push 38 pages and 'for all I know' also trigger the entire process of creating Altone200.

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #560 of 622
But with the H300 are you "overwhelmed and deeply touched emotionally"? 

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #561 of 622
Yeah the driver may be same kind, but likely the size of the housing/chamber gives the H300 gives it a bit more bass kick.

Exactly.

The end of the day there are still many people who enjoy H-300, I like it, I hear many people in Korea absolutely love it, but not so many Westeners. The sound difference between the two units is definitely there, at least to a point I can own both switch between them and feel like their two different earphones. Whether that difference agrees with one more than Altone is hard to say. Personally I would have done the exchange though because a properly working Altone speaks for itself like the reviewers have mentioned.

Anyway, good luck with it zxc. Please return and share your wonderful story with us. 
wink.gif

But with the H300 are you "overwhelmed and deeply touched emotionally"? 

Maybe overwhelmed with treble at times. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #562 of 622
It's because the different housing and chamber are effecting air flow around the dynamic driver, there's no problem with me agreeing there, I hear the same but the drivers are identical and really in my opinion knowing they're the same the bass is much of a muchness, plus I'd much rather the retuned mids and highs. The treble is what destined H-300 to only push 38 pages and 'for all I know' also trigger the entire process of creating Altone200.

Totally, there's nothing wrong with your thoughts at all! Actually, I very much respect your commitment and knowledge of so many products. It's so great to have influential people in the community. 

I just wanted to say my part as I don't want people not going for something based on a few posts. This thread isn't super big, but I still think, if those of you can, try out the H-300 and you may be amazed. But this is coming from someone who loved the sparkly highs of Grados, and loves crazy clarity. My preference is the H-300 over warmer sets such as the DN-2000. Both great, but for me, H-300 wins! 

Again, thanks for your knowledge to the community. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #564 of 622
  Exactly.

The end of the day there are still many people who enjoy H-300, I like it, I hear many people in Korea absolutely love it, but not so many Westeners. The sound difference between the two units is definitely there, at least to a point I can own both switch between them and feel like their two different earphones. Whether that difference agrees with one more than Altone is hard to say. Personally I would have done the exchange though because a properly working Altone speaks for itself like the reviewers have mentioned.

Anyway, good luck with it zxc. Please return and share your wonderful story with us. 
wink.gif

Thanks. I thought about the exchange. But there are just too many people reporting issues with the relative lack of bass, some even after the exchange. I am more than willing to pay for what's known to work for sure, than hunting that almost mythical "properly working Altone"; loosing time, patience, and possibly money (shipping fees) along the way. 

I do apologize for the negativity. Nevertheless, thanks to all sharing their impressions helping us make a better decision.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #565 of 622

Thanks. I thought about the exchange. But there are just too many people reporting issues with the relative lack of bass, some even after the exchange. I am more than willing to pay for what's known to work for sure, than hunting that almost mythical "properly working Altone"; loosing time, patience, and possibly money (shipping fees) along the way. 

I do apologize for the negativity. Nevertheless, thanks to all sharing their impressions helping us make a better decision.

Well, I can't recommend them yet, since my H-300 Split in half :frowning2:

Sent them off to T-Peos a few days ago, they sent me an address, but when I looked up the area "kangseo-Gu", it didn't exist. So I went with the most similar in name "Gangseo-Gu"

Anyway, I should've asked this awhile ago but is this the correct address?

T-PEOS CO.LTD
B-Dong 201 NiSi Building
49 Gil 20 Yangcheon-Lo, Gangseo-Gu,Seoul,157-200.Korea

Tel: 82-2-2659-7009

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #569 of 622
Is the E11k Really necessary for IEMs?

Anyway, T-Peos got back to me, my package arrived there, and hopefully it shouldn't be a problem to fix/replace. So far, no problems with their customer service, and wow, they even refunded me the entire cost to ship it to them! This is the kind of customer service I wish many other companies had.

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #570 of 622
Is the E11k Really necessary for IEMs?

Anyway, T-Peos got back to me, my package arrived there, and hopefully it shouldn't be a problem to fix/replace. So far, no problems with their customer service, and wow, they even refunded me the entire cost to ship it to them! This is the kind of customer service I wish many other companies had.

Straight from the HO of DX50 it's rather bright. E11K gives it a weightier sound body, smoothen the treble and gives it a cleaner and darker background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back