T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 23, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #691 of 2,595
For the price you paid for 1plus2, maybe you should be putting a gun to your own head.
Here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLORFLY-C3-24bit-WAV-APE-FLAC-MP3-HiFi-Music-Player-/380343844383?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item588e427e1f

Ouch.

May 23, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #692 of 2,595
Quote:
For those who don't know what we're talking about.

Some photo's I had on my computer of Colorfly C3 / C&C BH combo which members keeps mentioning. The rig cost $200 to set up ($100 for C3) ($100 for C&C BH). It's damn straight too, H-200 sound fantastic with this combo, I can take them a step further by using Colorfly CK4+ / C&C BH but something keeps calling me back to this little set up. There's something about mixing the synergy of C3's audiophile signature with C&C BH's presentation that creates a really fun involving experience, and enough features to throw a stick at.

Very nice high quality pictures you have provided us with there, H20! 

Other members can now see the greatness of the size similarities between the two devices:)

May 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #693 of 2,595
Quote:
For the price you paid for 1plus2, maybe you should be putting a gun to your own head

Bam!

Re the c3, why should one feel the need to get that over their rockboxed clip zip? Feel free not to be able to give me any good reasons! :)

May 23, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #694 of 2,595
Bam!

Re the c3, why should one feel the need to get that over their rockboxed clip zip? Feel free not to be able to give me any good reasons! :)

What I will do to avoid going off-topic is link you to the C3 thread, where many people can hopefully share their experiences coming from a Sansa product to the little Colorfly. It's not something I really want to get into here. All I'll say is you can check the sources I have owned/own on my profile, and to my ears C3 stacks up better than any Sansa, Cowon or iPod I have tried.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637417/colorfly-c3-appreciation-and-discussion-thread

May 23, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #695 of 2,595
Thanks for the link - I might have known it would be the excellent BBO at that price.

Got my H-200 today and hooked already... it does exactly what one would assume is the point of a hybrid, namely combining the clarity and detail of BAs with the fuller body and timbre of a dynamic. Comfort is fine too, and I like the stock tips. All the talk of smoothness and mellowness made me wonder whether they'd be lacking in crispness or sparkle, but so far I haven't found that at all. I'm not bothering to amp for now, they just sound so good out of my Fuze and my S3 Mini. Excellent buy.

May 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #696 of 2,595
Quarter, enjoy your new baby, H200 is worth every damn penny paid.
L3000.gif

May 23, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #701 of 2,595
May 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #703 of 2,595
May 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #704 of 2,595
May 23, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #705 of 2,595
I've had my pair for about 5 days now and here's a little review I did.

Let me first start off by saying that I was not very impressed by the H-100 at all.  The highs were extremely bright and harsh and the mids sounded like they were coming from an AM radio but the bass vas good.  That said the H-200 is a whole different story in that its one of the best IEM's I've heard and had me putting down my HD600 and HE-400 for awhile which is hard to do.

The build quality of the H-200 is also much better than that of the H-100 and its one of the few IEM's I don't feel like I have to be extra careful with (though I am anyways).  The housing is nicely built and made of strong plastic an metal and it really just feels well made unlike IEM's like the SM3, some Westone IEM's and others like that.  The cables, yes cables as you get 2 are also nice with one having a 1 button remote and mic and the other just a regular straight cable.  They're very easy to replace and imo they're the best replaceable cables I've used in an IEM.

Fit is good and they come with quite a few tips, 7 in all.  The one pair of comply like tips are the softest and most comfortable tips I've warn and I think other companies should start using tips like those.  Not much else to really say about the fit as they fit as good as most IEM's do for me which I've never had many problems with fit from any IEM's I've used.

Now when we get into sound quality and like I said before the H-200 is miles better than the H-100 and I truly feel it one of the best IEM's I've heard.

Bass from the dynamic driver is just flat out great imo, it goes very deep with such a nice rumble to it and the punch on 4/4 kicks is better than most IEM's I've had.  I think pretty much any basshead would love the bass which is better than the JVC FXZ IEM's imo because it has more authority.  For those who listen to a lot of hip hop and EDM will love the bass from the H-200 and it even works great with classical as you can feel the bass in a lot of it.

The mids is where the H-100 was a big let down to me but the folks at T-Peos made the H-200's mids sound so much better.  They're still a bit recessed but its not to much and vocals come through great and sound very clean and smooth as does instruments and other sounds like in pop as well EDM.  The bass even though its quite powerful never over shadows the mids (or the treble for that matter) and they kind of have an analytical vibe to them as they're very detailed and pickup on every little nuance.  Gone is the AM radio sound (thank god) and what's left is a very nice sounding mid-range that fits well with the over all sound signature.

For the treble this is the one part that somewhat resembles the H-100 but in a much better way.  Its still on the bright side that some people that are into warm IEM's might find a bit to harsh but after you let you brain adjust to the new sound its hard not to like the way they sound.  I love the detail and the treble of the H-200 picks up on small things other IEM's I've heard miss out on.  Though its bright its very clean and I haven't really had any sibilance at all so far though on bad recordings I can see them sounding quite harsh but that's not because of the IEM.  So the V-shaped sound signature of the H-200 is again one of the best I've heard and better than the TF10 imo.

Presentation is also very good, at least for an IEM that is.  Coming from open-back HP's it took me a little while to get used to the IEM soundstage.  They do have good width and depth, I'd say its comparable to something like the TF10's soundstage.  You get a good right left sound and they have a good 3D presentation but not quite as good as the SM3's though.  Imaging and separation is also very good with the separation being as good as anything I've heard from an IEM and the imaging is on the same level as say the e-Q5.  I'm quite pleased with the over all presentation and I think they stack up well with other top-tier IEM's in that department.

So the T-Peos H-200 is a very nice step forward over the H-100 and has a unique over all sound imo in that its kind of like a analytical bassy IEM.  Its very detailed in the mids and highs and that bass just sounds better and better each time I listen to them.  I've read where its been said to be somewhat like the TF10 but to me they don't sound much alike at all and I think the H-200 is quite a bit better over all and can see this IEM getting quite the following in the weeks and months to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back