T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #646 of 2,595
May 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #647 of 2,595
Quote:

I think we are splitting hairs. As we all have different ways of putting things across. I think I can understand why you are saying it may be a bit too woofy, so I may agree with that sentiment, but wouldn't exactly say that that summarises my position entirely. I do think the H-200s I tried have been burnt in at least past the 50 hour mark, but that is to be confirmed. 

Also, whilst I understand one may feel the terminology of "bloated" may draw an inference of the bass being uncontrolled, and whilst also seeing your view, and in fact agreeing somewhat, let me make it clear that by calling it "bloated" I meant it more in a sense that there is too much coming out. Controlled, yes. Textured, more than the IE8s? Yes. Muffled? No. Too much? Yes (unless you like bass). And I like bass, put it that way. 

Hope that makes it clearer. And it is good to share our views, clarify opinions etc. So I have no issue with that, just to make it clear. 

my pair Should have more than 50 hour of burn in :) Confirmed

Love this song with my H200 :) Cant help but have to share with everyone and I know is improper to share a Chinese song in English forum :) But just love the low ( bass ) present in this song  

with stock medium grey color tip I do hear "Bloated" bass in this song at 4 minute onward :) but every one heard sound differently :)

May 20, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #648 of 2,595
May 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #649 of 2,595
bloated bass... huh... That perhaps a bit untrue because bloated bass means poorly controlled splashed and muffed... None of these can be found on H200... I can call bass on H200 a bit too woofy, a bit too heavy earthed and lacking some finer details and tightness but i cannot call it bloated, sorry..

That's because it's not. That's merely his opinion.

Controlled, yes. Textured, more than the IE8s? Yes. Muffled? No. Too much? Yes (unless you like bass). And I like bass, put it that way. 

Hope that makes it clearer. And it is good to share our views, clarify opinions etc. So I have no issue with that, just to make it clear.

Indeed, what you've said above is a more clear interpretation of what you meant. Otherwise, the term 'bloated' is rather misleading, for the H-200's low end is simply NOT bloated. Hope that makes sense.

May 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #650 of 2,595
I think the bass is just shy of "basshead" level, and it's fantastic bass in my opinion. This is one of the smoothest sounding IEMs I've heard (and I've heard many). While it's not my universal IEM (I haven't decided where to rank it yet in my signature, but it will be high up), I can call it one of my favorite sound signatures. I can't get enough of listening to it (and that's saying a lot if you own the AS-2 and CKS1000 like I do). I think this IEM gives just the right amount of bass, mids and full highs (stopping shy of being too harsh). My only gripe would be for it to be more comfortable hanging or over ears (not that I find it completely uncomfortable). So even if you don't believe in burn-in, I still think the more time you spend listening the more the clarity, balance and beauty of the sound will shine inside of your ears. 

Does this beat a $1,000 earphone? I can't say because I've never heard a $1,000 earphone. I own an $800 AS-2 custom, and it doesn't beat that, but it can sit in the same building. I don't think a $250 should beat a $1,000 earphone and I think that's an unfair comparison (although I believe there is some technology that will come out soon and allow this to happen). But to me the H200 beats a few top tiers I've heard (i.e. SE535 and TF10), so I would call it a top tier. I don't think it beats the W4 except for bass, but it slightly edges out the wonderful sounding BA200. This is a job well done with a hybrid. Eventually I'll compare it to the Audiofly AF78 hybrid.

May 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #652 of 2,595
Quote:
I think the bass is just shy of "basshead" level, and it's fantastic bass in my opinion. This is one of the smoothest sounding IEMs I've heard (and I've heard many). While it's not my universal IEM (I haven't decided where to rank it yet in my signature, but it will be high up), I can call it one of my favorite sound signatures. I can't get enough of listening to it (and that's saying a lot if you own the AS-2 and CKS1000 like I do). I think this IEM gives just the right amount of bass, mids and full highs (stopping shy of being too harsh). My only gripe would be for it to be more comfortable hanging or over ears (not that I find it completely uncomfortable). So even if you don't believe in burn-in, I still think the more time you spend listening the more the clarity, balance and beauty of the sound will shine inside of your ears. 

Does this beat a $1,000 earphone? I can't say because I've never heard a $1,000 earphone. I own an $800 AS-2 custom, and it doesn't beat that, but it can sit in the same building. I don't think a $250 should beat a $1,000 earphone and I think that's an unfair comparison (although I believe there is some technology that will come out soon and allow this to happen). But to me the H200 beats a few top tiers I've heard (i.e. SE535 and TF10), so I would call it a top tier. I don't think it beats the W4 except for bass, but it slightly edges out the wonderful sounding BA200. This is a job well done with a hybrid. Eventually I'll compare it to the Audiofly AF78 hybrid.

I don`t know if I am a "basshead" or not. If you listen to let`s say The Prodigy - Breathe, this track only works if you get that slam after the intro, a very powerful track. 
In a weird way my W4 with the LF switch turned on with the C&C BH amp is behind the H-200 (with same switch on) on the slam front but considering it is a BA bass, the difference isn`t massive, just different. For me it is the signature of the H-200 that makes the "whole" sound seem engaging giving you the impression it is a bassy iem.
This makes some sense as I thought the H-200 was mid-centric but again it isn`t, the "whole" sound comes in a package which is a very different approach for me in listening terms.
I think my first comment with the H-200 was "engaging", I can`t think of anything else now even after prolonged use. The signature IS engaging.
Stick that in your note book.

May 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #653 of 2,595

Exactly!

I think my first comment with the H-200 was "engaging", I can`t think of anything else now even after prolonged use. The signature IS engaging.
Stick that in your note book.

+1

May 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #654 of 2,595
Cravenz, thanks for clarifying, agreed :)

May 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #657 of 2,595
Something to consider....
I love my W4 and like the presentation of the H-200. Last night I put on my overhead Sennheiser Momentums. Best of both worlds that just makes them both sound inferior (which overheads should with larger drivers).

As I said, just something to consider at a price point of £250. Amped at that price is at least half the financial cost of both the IEMs combined. No I wouldn`t walk to work with them but as I said twice, something to consider, especially if you are a train commuter.

May 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #658 of 2,595
Sinth, comparing small IEMs to big cans??? Hm...

May 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #659 of 2,595
As I said, something to consider. I find they marry both the IEMs. Of course it isn`t a direct comparison, just a combination of signatures.

Just in case you ever want to buy overhead/portable cans then just a nudge in the right direction mate.
:wink:

ED: We are here for advice and onlookers correct?

May 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #660 of 2,595
Sinth, i do not doubt full cans capabilities but for me IEMs are the only way to keep it portable and if i need full sound i plug my front end and with this you can forget about any earphones, depth and live like impact gives me shivers incomparable to earphones or headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back