T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Mar 10, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #2,537 of 2,595
It's just the sound sig. While they did fix little bit of the peak, there still was harshness in the treble. But I really really liked the bass. Just didn't like it's mids.

Thanks for sharing. I'm scheduled to review it really soon... Can't wait to personally hear it.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #2,538 of 2,595
It's just the sound sig. While they did fix little bit of the peak, there still was harshness in the treble. But I really really liked the bass. Just didn't like it's mids.

Hmm, I personally really liked the in-your-face feel of the treble so if they just fixed the peak and kept the aggressiveness, then that's fine by me! With better bass than the H-200? Even better!

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #2,539 of 2,595
Hmm, I personally really liked the in-your-face feel of the treble so if they just fixed the peak and kept the aggressiveness, then that's fine by me! With better bass than the H-200? Even better!

Lol. I was wowed by the bass tbh. I really really liked it. Now, I say it's comparable to 7550's bass, which is super impressive.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #2,541 of 2,595
  In response to d_marc0 and jonyoo's comments on how well the H-200 performs on metal:

Nice! Unfortunately, I just sold my H200 and it's already packed and ready for shipment.
But I can imagine how good this would've sound on the H200.
I listen to a lot of anime soundtrack on the H200 and they are stellar!

Here's one of my all time faves:

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #2,542 of 2,595
Another awesome track for the H200! Guitar riffs sound amaaaazing...

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #2,543 of 2,595
I picked up my second pair of H 200 today. I can almost swear the soundstage on this pair is wider than my old pair., which makes sense considering some people used to disagree with me when I called it narrow.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #2,544 of 2,595
Do you have any mh1c tips to try on them?

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #2,546 of 2,595
I picked up my second pair of H 200 today. I can almost swear the soundstage on this pair is wider than my old pair., which makes sense considering some people used to disagree with me when I called it narrow.

Any other differences mate? how about the peak that you described with your first unit?

BTW, how do you insert them? shallow or deep?

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #2,547 of 2,595
Any other differences mate? how about the peak that you described with your first unit?

BTW, how do you insert them? shallow or deep?

They sound virtually the same as I remember, except for the stage that sounds wider with its stereo imaging. There's no peak or spike I can hear, maybe a very subtle reminiscence of where it used to be, but nothing like my pair was before it mysteriously disappeared after 24 heavy burn in. Taylor Swift's track - Breath is a good test for it.

I use a wide bore tip with rather shallow insertion. Run them straight from the C3. I really enjoy them but H -300 is still superior.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #2,548 of 2,595
Good to know mate!

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #2,549 of 2,595
They sound virtually the same as I remember, except for the stage that sounds wider with its stereo imaging. There's no peak or spike I can hear, maybe a very subtle reminiscence of where it used to be, but nothing like my pair was before it mysteriously disappeared after 24 heavy burn in. Taylor Swift's track - Breath is a good test for it.

I use a wide bore tip with rather shallow insertion. Run them straight from the C3. I really enjoy them but H -300 is still superior.

Wow..I didn't know anyone else used Taylor Swift's Breathe for testing. That's either the first or second track that I always use for testing any earphone haha! Amazing starting from the acoustic guitar intro to when the bass comes and she's doing the "mmmm mmmm" thing in to the harmonizing with Colbie Caillat to the strings in the bridge. My favorite track from TS.

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #2,550 of 2,595
  Wow..I didn't know anyone else used Taylor Swift's Breathe for testing. That's either the first or second track that I always use for testing any earphone haha! Amazing starting from the acoustic guitar intro to when the bass comes and she's doing the "mmmm mmmm" thing in to the harmonizing with Colbie Caillat to the strings in the bridge. My favorite track from TS.

I have all Taylors albums.
smile.gif
 Played them so many times I've become bored then rediscovered them once or twice (yes that bad) I especially like the song ''22" from her Red album. Often my test tracks are a very popular Norwegian pop singer by the name of Maria Mena. It takes quite good gear to bring out the best in her tracks, when you use something high end I've discovered a new level of emotion in her music. Unfortunately although I like H-200 very much it simply is not capable of reproducing her music to such levels,  pretty good with her vocals nevertheless not the same immersion and timbre from reproducing the surrounding instruments. H-300 gets closer, though nothing has touched the revised 1Plus2  for her music. 

Check her out sometime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKsDv-5CB9w

Users who are viewing this thread

Back