T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Mar 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #2,521 of 2,595
Really impressive of T-Peos to do the upgrade option.  I had thought the H200 would put me off by having the peak in the treble, but I'm not as sure anymore.  There's a liveliness that gets added that I like. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #2,522 of 2,595
  That's hell of a deal.

I'm going to Korea in 5 days, so I can demo the H-300 and post some impressions, if they are some for demo. Whoa. I wanna be selected as a tester.

Hehe. I'm like 99% sure you can demo them at the earphoneshop. Seeko had a lot of tester events going on a couple weeks ago. I got lucky and got selected :)

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #2,524 of 2,595
I was speaking to a member a few days ago via PM who's doing something very interesting with his H-200.

He's managed to find a company who are reshelling his H-200 into a pair of customs, which is hard enough finding someone to do in the first place for a hybrid, but it gets better. He's not only having the H-200 reshelled, also having the drivers from a pair of Brainwavs B2 installed into the shells too. So he'll be making an H-200 / B2 hybrid (5 drivers). 

I've asked them to report in with some pictures once the job is completed.

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #2,525 of 2,595
I was speaking to a member a few days ago via PM who'ss doing something very interesting with his H-200.

He has managed to find a company who are reshelling his H-200 into a pair of customs, which is hard enough to find someone to do in the first place for a hybrid, but it gets better. He's not only having the H-200 reshelled though, also having the drivers from a pair of Brainwavs B2 installed into the shells as well. So he'll be making an H-200 / B2 hybrid (5 drivers). 

I've asked them to report in with some pictures once the job is completed.

That is awesome, but that would required re-tuning right? I suppose the sound will not resemble anything like an H-200 nor a B2. As long as it sounds great it will be interesting. Now we have a "Franken-iem"

Looking forward for the feedback.

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #2,526 of 2,595
That is awesome, but that would required re-tuning right? I suppose the sound will not resemble anything like an H-200 nor a B2. As long as it sounds great it will be interesting. Now we have a "Franken-iem"

Looking forward for the feedback.

He mentioned something about really enjoying B2's treble (which is a great sounding dual BA) but this was always missing from his H-200. So he came up with the idea to put them together!  It's quite intriguing  how it will sound as I've heard both separately, and I have no idea if they're retuning or porting anything. I think finding someone who would take the job on is rather daring!

I believe the company doing it is inearcustoms.

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #2,528 of 2,595
Sounds like a possible treble overload.

If not properly tuned. Which is still a possibility seeing as there are now 2 drivers from separate phones working as one, could be amazing or a jumbled mess.

Ah, the risks one is willing to take for audio nirvana....

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #2,529 of 2,595
That is really interesting and is such an accomplishment if he pulls it off. I wish him luck!

Hope he posts his impression after the build.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #2,530 of 2,595
I'd like to share a PM conversation I had with a co-h200 owner. I hope this will bring some light to those who wonder why I love the h200 despite its flaws.

" It's really my preferred signature for metal and I have a confession to make: I actually tried fixing the problems with the H200 using parametric EQ. I got rid of the dip to the point that it's almost as good as the MH1 sound signature. To my surprise, I prefer the original tuning better! I just like how the dip in the upper mids make the vocals a bit distant plus the guitars in the higher octaves sound like there's a permanent chorus/flanger effect added to it. Some character the H200 has that seems to hold dearly to my preference."

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #2,531 of 2,595
I'd like to share a PM conversation I had with a co-h200 owner. I hope this will bring some light to those who wonder why I love the h200 despite its flaws.

" It's really my preferred signature for metal and I have a confession to make: I actually tried fixing the problems with the H200 using parametric EQ. I got rid of the dip to the point that it's almost as good as the MH1 sound signature. To my surprise, I prefer the original tuning better! I just like how the dip in the upper mids make the vocals a bit distant plus the guitars in the higher octaves sound like there's a permanent chorus/flanger effect added to it. Some character the H200 has that seems to hold dearly to my preference."

Haha sounds exactly what I did and felt with the H100J although I didn't like that one with metal. I love the H200 with metal!

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #2,532 of 2,595
That is really interesting and is such an accomplishment if he pulls it off. I wish him luck!

Hope he posts his impression after the build.

The H-200 that member is reshelling is actually my old pair. (002) serial number!  I sold them to someone, then they sold them and now this is happening.

(3rd owner I think)

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #2,533 of 2,595
Haha sounds exactly what I did and felt with the H100J although I didn't like that one with metal. I love the H200 with metal!

Yeah, the h100j is something else. I've already tried so many filter mods and eq combinations but I can't seem to make it sound right. Quite frustrating really. Still working on it hoping to find the right fix because the bass is amazing on those.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #2,535 of 2,595
Just demoed H-300, and still didn't like them that much. It is better then H-200, but still not as good as my liking. Not my cup of tea.

Any major reason why you don't like them? Or is it just the sound signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back