T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Nov 12, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2,386 of 2,595
50? Wth.... Why so much for us?

All I know is last I spoke to T-Peos, they were going to find alternatives to the cables I reviewed. I'd mentioned not many people may be interested in such expensive cables like the ones I reviewed a month or so back, I remember T-Peos saying they were going to looking at alternatives. I guess that would explain why it's differences in wire and cable material to what I had with me for review and probably lesser quality. I cannot be 100% confident on that but I assume that's what's happened.

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #2,388 of 2,595
Nov 12, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #2,389 of 2,595
Nov 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2,391 of 2,595
maybe it wasn't you, but I thought you didn't like earphones that were too bassy, kimvictor?

You will not get the same clarity in the FXZ200 that you get out of the H-200. But if you want bass and clarity (and that unique hybrid sound), you need to find a pair of AX-60s.

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #2,392 of 2,595
i find H200 having pretty enough bass, actually sometimes even too much, however where H200 struggles is bass tightness and clarity, do not get me wrong, bass articulation is pretty good but if we talk drums, percussions, bass guitar and similar i must cincur layering is not perfect. mind this the only relatively cheapo i heard able of stellar bass is Sony MDR7550, yes i did not like Sony sig but bass on them is one of the best i heard irrespective of price.

so when i talk bass on H200 i rather wish it would have detailed punch, crispness and immediacy, but the only IEM i know is able is 1p2 and another one bass only is 7550. so i wonder what lack of bass we talk?

as regards mids and vocals i find H200 being even a bit mid centric but still offering more linearity than some mid centric in your face IEM.

trebles are not strong point of H200 and upper mids have some harshness which makes them bit aggressive and adds a bit sibiliance... but come on, tell me from top tier IEMs which are not possessing some sibiliance? even 1p2 or ASG or even famous UERM have a bit of this to less or more degree...

yes, i like "analogish" warmth in mids and bass but i never liked warmth which eats down detail and this is well known compromise you habe to balance out in many tube gear and perhaps in choosing IEMs too. so yes i like warm but tight and crisp bass. Consider me insane contrarian here :)

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #2,393 of 2,595
The fxz200 and h200 are two totally different beasts.

The hype made some unrealistic expectations for people that the fxz200 just couldn't live up to. So curb your expectations

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #2,394 of 2,595
Agree. On audition, I find the bass of fxz200 overwhelming and occasionally masking the mids. Fit was also an issue for me as the body of fxz200 was simply too large and sticking out. IMO, clarity was not there due to the overwhelming bass.

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #2,396 of 2,595
Well they are different and good in their own right.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #2,397 of 2,595
As of now, I am just looking fir different iem without recessed mids. I won't judge until I hear them though.

Niceee. I've sold all my others and the h200 and the fxz200 are the only ones that I own.
I switch from one to the other every other week lol. I love them both. I wear both of them over the ears switching sides (left on right ear and right on left ear). I find both of them more comfortable that way. The lows can be overwhelming for some songs but its not a problem for me with some eq tweaking.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #2,399 of 2,595
50? Wth.... Why so much for us?

Haha. This is just my thought but I think its because the sneaky Koreans know that audiophiles overseas are willing to pay more for the same product. Despite T-peos being a Korean brand, its not that big here...so there's not a lot of demand for this product thus justifying the cheaper price. Or this may be the alternative one the H20 talked about. Definitely, worth it.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #2,400 of 2,595
  Haha. This is just my thought but I think its because the sneaky Koreans know that audiophiles overseas are willing to pay more for the same product. Despite T-peos being a Korean brand, its not that big here...so there's not a lot of demand for this product thus justifying the cheaper price. Or this may be the alternative one the H20 talked about. Definitely, worth it.

Hmm. Generally, Koreans overcharge Koreans... You can see from the way some cars and phones are sold much cheaper in other countries although they are made in Korea.

But I guess we don't really know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back