T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jul 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #361 of 1,424

They pair very well with Sansa Clip or Zip. If you ever need to EQ them using rockbox. Even I add a little EQ on the lower treble (reduce it by about -1db @ 7k)

Ok good to know

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #362 of 1,424
finally arrived 
bigsmile_face.gif
 But unfortunately had to pay $40 of customs included the fee, which dhl charges.
And to top it I can't test them out cause I need to learn for my exams...
frown.gif

Edit:
Couldn't resist and got a sneak peek 
wink_face.gif

Expected more bass, but quality is quite nice.
Mid-range is incredibly clear.
Highs are smooth, not percing at all

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #365 of 1,424
About to grab my pair from the mailroom now. I don't think I'm going to say much about them one way or the other, but will state if they have less bass than the H-200 (the DN-1000 clearlly had more bass than the H-200).

Jul 28, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #366 of 1,424
Plenty of bass, but I have some other issues with the Altone-200 that I will address with T-Peos before I type it here. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #367 of 1,424
Edit: Might have defective pair, waiting for replacement unit.

Ok I fired up AudioSigGen on my golden iPhone 4 and scketchbook'ed up how I hear this bad boy to the best of my ability.

Volume @ 8 clicks up from off
Amplitude @ -6dB

Bass presence starts at about 33. Two peaks at ~4.2k and 6.8K. Highs end at about 17.9K.

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #368 of 1,424
Just received my replacement pair (the first lot had less bass on the right channel, dynamic driver issue i suspect) and I am very pleased with them. Sound is significantly fuller when both channels match so I can finally appreciate the awesomeness of Altones. These have to be the richest sounding IEMs I own at the moment (when comparing them to my AX-35s, XBA-40s, Tenores,TDK IE800s, ATH IM50). Very well done T-Peos, I dont think I will be after another pair of IEMs for a while now.

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #369 of 1,424
Listening to my pair now. Initial impressions out of the box and one hour of listening. I know burn in will change opinions but so far...

They are very clear, detailed, and very crisp. However, I can't turn these up too loud without them being annoyingly bright. I hope this will settle down with burn in.

So far it sounds like a slightly brighter and more detailed and responsive version of the kc06 to me.

Mids are beautiful IMHO. They are detailed and just right. I'm hoping for a little more timbre with burn in.

Mid bass is spot on in tone, response and the speed is very fast.

Sub bass is lacking IMHO. I'm hoping burn in will bring this out a little more.

Soundstage width is good, but depth is not the greatest. Its much like the kc06 IMO.

I like them, but they are not my preferred signature.

Great for stuff like Mumford and Sons, or Bon Iver.

Not the best for EDM and mainstream pop music, at least so far.

I will post more impressions with further burn in.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #370 of 1,424
  Listening to my pair now. Initial impressions out of the box and one hour of listening. I know burn in will change opinions but so far...

They are very clear, detailed, and very crisp. However, I can't turn these up too loud without them being annoyingly bright. I hope this will settle down with burn in.

So far it sounds like a slightly brighter and more detailed and responsive version of the kc06 to me.

Mids are beautiful IMHO. They are detailed and just right. I'm hoping for a little more timbre with burn in.

Mid bass is spot on in tone, response and the speed is very fast.

Sub bass is lacking IMHO. I'm hoping burn in will bring this out a little more.

Soundstage width is good, but depth is not the greatest. Its much like the kc06 IMO.

I like them, but they are not my preferred signature.

Great for stuff like Mumford and Sons, or Bon Iver.

Not the best for EDM and mainstream pop music, at least so far.

I will post more impressions with further burn in.

That was the problem with the H-200. I think these are tuned better though. 

- The FX850 and CKR-9 are still quite far ahead of the of the Altone 200 in fullness and details. But this earphone is very good within its price range.

- There are some quality issues with the body of the earphone itself, however, that I have some problems with and will take up with T-Peos tonight.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #371 of 1,424

- The FX850 and CKR-9 are still quite far ahead of the of the Altone 200 in fullness and details. But this earphone is very good within its price range.

- There are some quality issues with the body of the earphone itself, however, that I have some problems with and will take up with T-Peos tonight.
Let me guess, is it where the cable meets the strain relief? I have issues with them also for the same reason if that's the case.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #372 of 1,424

Thank you! for clarifying this..I want to know more about the comparisons between ckr9s and altones.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #373 of 1,424
Let me guess, is it where the cable meets the strain relief? I have issues with them also for the same reason if that's the case.

Any chance you can send pics?

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #374 of 1,424
Any chance you can send pics?
the exterior cable where it meets the strain relief at the housing came apart, exposing the inside wire. This happened when I tried pulling the ear guides off of them. I already used a flexible permanent adhesive to resecure them. If my fix doesn't work I will send a picture for sure. I don't want to be doom and gloom because these do sound really good. If my fix works awesome. If it doesn't I will be disappointed with my purchase.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #375 of 1,424
the exterior cable where it meets the strain relief at the housing came apart, exposing the inside wire. This happened when I tried pulling the ear guides off of them. I already used a flexible permanent adhesive to resecure them. If my fix doesn't work I will send a picture for sure. I don't want to be doom and gloom because these do sound really good. If my fix works awesome. If it doesn't I will be disappointed with my purchase.

What ear guides?   My Altone200 didn't come with any .....

I should be getting my second pair today - so now I'm really interested in seeing if there are any differences ..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back