Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Jul 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #31 of 2,336
Expect the weight to be slightly less than PS1 and HP2. At best, they are bearable only because they sound so damn good
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #32 of 2,336
Interesting - but I see they still have the plastic grado boxes that hold the metal rods by tension alone. that's probably not going to hold, especially with all that metal hanging down there.

A nice solution would be to incorporate metal screws to keep the rod in place, like the HP2 has. headphile developed something like that for the plastic boxes, i had a pair that had these in use and they worked like a charm:

Grado HHF-1 , Grado HF-1 Mod, Grado Rod Locks, Woody Recable Leather Headbands

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #33 of 2,336
I'm a little curious why they keep talking about neutral & intert sounds...why would you go anywhere near a Grado if that's what you want?

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #34 of 2,336
Honestly, they should offer reviews etc of this service. Limited to only 100 at a high price point is exclusivity reserved for a tried and true product.

On a side note, did you notice the 2 tones of black on their website? :p

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #36 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. And, if they built an aluminum rod lock mechanism with a tightening screw, they would sell a buttload IMO.

I've already suggested them both via eMail. Didn't describe it as "rod lock" though, I called it labeled plastic thingy
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #37 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. And, if they built an aluminum rod lock mechanism with a tightening screw, they would sell a buttload IMO.

On this note, I'm curious if it is indeed possible to remove the plastic rod lock mechanism without destroying it. Is there any easy way to remove the L & R tension mech's from the metal tab of headband?

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #39 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is it that more of us haven't heard/seen this before?

I bet if they sold the parts separately it would still be uber spendy.

Because the site just opened
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #40 of 2,336
Hello everyone. My name is Rhydon, i am the founder of Symphones.

Moderators please note i have asked for "member of the trade status" as well as a spot in the 'mall-fi' section.

I just wanted to say we do plan on offering a special discount to fellow head-fi'ers. More about this later in the week. We just launched today and are trying to catch up with the overwhelming response. Its wonderful seeing so much enthusiasm.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me an line through the website. Otherwise keep an eye open for any news!

Thanks!

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #41 of 2,336
i emailed symphones regarding the improvements and effects full aluminum may have on the SR325i. here is the reply that they send me in quote:

Quote:

Hi,
what kind of improvements can i expect if i were to do this on the SR325i? will this benefit the tone only or will it add better detail, resolution?

thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest.

The improvements of the Magnum enhancement are quite substantial. Sonically it has noticeably more detail and resolution than the unmodified headphone. You will notice an increase in high frequency response as well as an extensive increase in overall clarity throughout the frequency spectrum. Key words to describe Magnum are increased clarity, better balance of sound and smooth frequency extension.

We have spent quite some time tuning the sound of this product so it stands in a league of its own.

I hope this was able to answer your question. Feel free to contact me if you require any more information.

Rhydon Rayment
Symphones

edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone. My name is Rhydon, i am the founder of Symphones.

Moderators please note i have asked for "member of the trade status" as well as a spot in the 'mall-fi' section.

I just wanted to say we do plan on offering a special discount to fellow head-fi'ers. More about this later in the week. We just launched today and are trying to catch up with the overwhelming response. Its wonderful seeing so much enthusiasm.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me an line through the website. Otherwise keep an eye open for any news!

Thanks!

did you say discount? now i am really interested. i was originally thinking about recabling my 325i...decisions, decisions.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #43 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone can recable their 325i. Only a hundred can have MAGNUM lol

hah...that is so true. i actually want to do both!
tongue.gif

i knew i should have stayed away from head-fi...my poor wallet.
frown.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #45 of 2,336
I must say they are quick with responsing to eMails.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum
At this time we only offer Magnum as a complete service. The forks require some extensive equipment to assemble. They are secured via 'press-fit' to the Magnum housing. This is a process where heavy pressure is used to forge 2 metals together. As for the plastic headband blocks, we do plan on offering a solution to this in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back