Surround-right speaker jack produces lower-volume and distorted sound?
Jul 28, 2009 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fraseyboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a 5.1 Klipsch setup connected to an NAD T744 receiver. For some reason, on all inputs and using FM radio, my rear right speaker is MUCH lower volume than the others and sounds distorted.

I know that it is not a broken speaker OR something wrong with the cable as I have swapped the cables for the surround right and left speakers (so surround left was plugged into surround right jack) and the problem changed to the surround left speaker.

Anyone experienced this before?

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this the system with the amp in the sub?

You might look at the Klipsch forums.

Oh, na. The amp in the sub broke, so I bought a separate HT receiver and subwoofer and ditched the old sub/amp combo.

The only thing I'm using from the Promedia 5.1 system are the satellites.

Jul 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 5
I wondered about that.

It sounds like a problem with your NAD, I fear. Try hooking up one of the speakers with a (new) short piece of wire to the RS output, and see if you still get the problem.

I don't suspect the NAD has a problem with it, but you do know those satellites are not 8 Ohm, more like 6?

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wondered about that.

It sounds like a problem with your NAD, I fear. Try hooking up one of the speakers with a (new) short piece of wire to the RS output, and see if you still get the problem.

I don't suspect the NAD has a problem with it, but you do know those satellites are not 8 Ohm, more like 6?

I have tried it with a shorter different piece of speaker wire and it still exhibits the same issue.

It hasn't always been like this. That speaker used to work fine, so I don't think the ohmage is the reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back