Stax Sigma Low Bais and Stax Sigma Pros
Feb 18, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #241 of 482
Just checking in. Is anyone out there going to Cam Jam 2008?? I am thinking of going Scottsmrnyc

Feb 18, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #242 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottsmrnyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checking in. Is anyone out there going to Cam Jam 2008?? I am thinking of going Scottsmrnyc

I'll be working sadly so I'm not going but I'd love to be there and lecture about the inferiority of dynamics...
biggrin.gif

Since this is the Sigma thread I have to declare I managed to not own a single Sigma for a whopping 3 hours after I sold my last one... and I bought a new one
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #243 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since this is the Sigma thread I have to declare I managed to not own a single Sigma for a whopping 3 hours after I sold my last one... and I bought a new one
wink.gif

Yes, that sounds like a spritzer response to me - I always smile when you post that your are trying to cut down your electrostatic collection - you're an electrostatic addict (like the rhyme?).
biggrin.gif

And it confirms why I never follow through on my thoughts of selling mine - they may not get a run too often nowadays, and they certainly have their faults, but I can't picture life without a Sigma - and hopefully a Sigma 404 in the not-too-distant future.
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #244 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that sounds like a spritzer response to me - I always smile when you post that your are trying to cut down your electrostatic collection - you're an electrostatic addict (like the rhyme?).
biggrin.gif

And it confirms why I never follow through on my thoughts of selling mine - they may not get a run too often nowadays, and they certainly have their faults, but I can't picture life without a Sigma - and hopefully a Sigma 404 in the not-too-distant future.
wink.gif

Hehe, I just get pulled back in... it's not my fault!
biggrin.gif
I have made good progress to cut down the collection lately and I'm down to about 20 phones here with further 20 scattered around the globe.

Hmm that reminds me to ask about 303/404 drivers next time I talk to Koji. That might be the Sigma to keep.

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #245 of 482
Just a word to say that I have booked my airline tickets and made reservations for the Cam Jam Headfest 2008 Headphone love fest in Florida. I hope to see you there.
by the way, why can't I upload my equipment list. It doesn't seem to go through!
Scottsmrnyc

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #246 of 482
Quote:

Just a word to say that I have booked my airline tickets and made reservations for the Cam Jam Headfest 2008 Headphone love fest in Florida. I hope to see you there.
by the way, why can't I upload my equipment list. It doesn't seem to go through!
Scottsmrnyc

Do you want to put it in the profile of signature? I altered my profile last over the weekend and there wasn't any problem.

Feb 20, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #247 of 482
Quote:

I would love to be there!
But sadly its too far away for a weekend trip (I am too busy at work to take days off).

Hopefully the 2009 International Head-Fi meet will be held in Europe!
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #248 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to be there!
But sadly its too far away for a weekend trip (I am too busy at work to take days off).

Hopefully the 2009 International Head-Fi meet will be held in Europe!
wink.gif

Well, maybe in 2010, after visiting Australia (on the way) in 2009!
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #249 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, maybe in 2010, after visiting Australia (on the way) in 2009!
tongue.gif

Nah! Its moving east now...
tongue.gif

California (2007) -> Florida (2008) -> Europe (2009)? -> Asia (2010)? -> Oceania (2011)?

We can always wish!

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #250 of 482
I just wanted to check to see if my equipment list finally was able to be posted. This is a test, only a test!

Scottsmrnyc

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #251 of 482
Thanks for the help Spritzer.

Scottsmrnyc

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #252 of 482
This is Test 2, This is only a test. Scottsmrnyc

Mar 8, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #253 of 482
Hi gang!

I've just received a pair of Sigma's.
Would like to ask the experts if the inside looks like it should, eg something missing?
All the walls apart from the one where the transducer is are covered with approx 1cm thick damping.

THanks!

Mar 8, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #254 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by 98664c3yijh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi gang!

I've just received a pair of Sigma's.
Would like to ask the experts if the inside looks like it should, eg something missing?
All the walls apart from the one where the transducer is are covered with approx 1cm thick damping.

THanks!

Apart from the damping material being a little torn up they are as they should be

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #255 of 482
Spritzer, thanks a lot!!!
you mean it should be more compressed?
I was rather expecting the opposite....
Any ideas where to get the headmaterial from
(apart from another Lambda's), it's plastic
frame is completely broken?
Best regards,
me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back