State of HeadRoom Report
Mar 17, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #46 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
So, did that answer your questions, Billy?

Not only does it but it does it with Panache...

Like I said in chicago, you got some to you.

Thank you Tyll
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #47 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Thank you Tyll
biggrin.gif

You're welcome, Billy. And I hope you will be able to make it to the meet.

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #48 of 75
Quote:

Thanks! I was wondering if someone would notice.

It is a seriously glowing review. You should be very proud. [size=xx-small]Of course, for that kind of cash, one would hope it blew his doors off.
evil_smiley.gif
[/size]

Curious, what do you think about the LED capability of the Grace?

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #49 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Curious, what do you think about the LED capability of the Grace?

What do you mean?

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #50 of 75
Quote:

What do you mean?

Oh, I guess I was just wondering what you think about using a graphic display to show a lock for the DAC. Not really an important question, I suppose if you thought it was that important, you would have included it.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #51 of 75
I suppose I can say that we are working towards the ability to have a display and various features like that. Joe is working on programming micro controllers. We're still in the early stages. Don't hold your breath or anything.

But as long as the thing always locks to just about any digital signal it's not really a big deal not to have lock lights in my view. It would be nice though, it's a fair gripe.

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #52 of 75
I was thrilled to see Headroom get coverage in Stereophile. I have been a Stereophile subscriber for 15 years, and the small amount of coverage they give to all things headphone is appalling. I really hope that they'll start doing more. The Absolute Sound has been doing a better job covering Headphone-related gear lately.

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #54 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Tyll,

Would you guys consider adding the option of accepting payments via paypal?

My guess is that this is cost prohibitive. The fees assessed to commercial vendors are not small and it'd be a drag for Headroom to have to have a separate pricing structure for Paypal purchases. Also, technically speaking it is against Paypal's user agreement to 'charge' for the use of Paypal.

Nate

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #56 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
My guess is that this is cost prohibitive. The fees assessed to commercial vendors are not small and it'd be a drag for Headroom to have to have a separate pricing structure for Paypal purchases. Also, technically speaking it is against Paypal's user agreement to 'charge' for the use of Paypal.

Nate

Seems like the charges are inline with Amex, but I've been wrong many times before!
biggrin.gif

Edit: Whoa! Nevermind! That's cool news, jamey! And just god awful news for my pay pal account.

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #57 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
We can accept paypal payments. Just e-mail jorge@headphone.com for details.

Thanks,
Jamey

That's great news. Paypal is really VERY convenient for consumers, especially us crazy head-fiers who periodically have positive balances in our Paypal accounts burning a hole in out virtual pockets :wink:

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #58 of 75
tyll tyll tyll

to be honest.. as soon as i began reading your explanation of reworking the management i imagined office space.. and then i knew the head-fi discount was going away. ever since ive been a member here (over a year now) ive thought that people were taking advantage of the system, although i cant say i fault them for it, as a consumer youre supposed to go for the lowest price possible right? the system was flawed and now is fixed. good job.

i love headroom and enjoy my micro amp every day. keep making solid equipment and ill keep buying.

-pat

p.s. where are the micro switches that had been promised on the micro page ever since last summer? ive been waiting for that so i can buy a micro DAC too (triple stack uberness -droolz-).. but hey... if you dont want the business....

no but seriously.. whats up with the micro switches? they gone forever or are they some of those "small things" youve got planned to reveal at a meet?
ok im ending this incredibly long post scriptum.

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #59 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
That's great news. Paypal is really VERY convenient for consumers, especially us crazy head-fiers who periodically have positive balances in our Paypal accounts burning a hole in out virtual pockets :wink:

get a paypal debit/atm card? then you can use that money anywhere you want.

Mar 21, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #60 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by patrox89
get a paypal debit/atm card? then you can use that money anywhere you want.

Good point, though it should be noted, that requires a Premier or Business account, which means you are charged to receive payments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back