SR71, Hornet & Tomahawk Size Comparison
May 14, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcn3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow -- i don't consider a sr-71 as big at all. just shows how small the others are.

regardless of the size, i would never carry at amp around in my pocket with an ipod -- well maybe a coat pocket (but not with an sr-71)

Exactly!

I personally don't see how in the hell people carry around even a nano attatched to a TH with an interconnect in thier pocket. HOW BIG ARE YOUR POCKETS???? With the IC, it makes even the TH an nano cumbersome. The IC is what makes everything cumbersome, not the components.

I think it's crazy (I tried it) and honestly, even if you still want small, a bag on your belt is the best bet, even if all you do is adjust volume, so you don't have to fiddle with reaching into your pocket....unless it's a shirt pocket.

May 14, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly!

I personally don't see how in the hell people carry around even a nano attatched to a TH with an interconnect in thier pocket. HOW BIG ARE YOUR POCKETS???? With the IC, it makes even the TH an nano cumbersome. The IC is what makes everything cumbersome, not the components.

I think it's crazy (I tried it) and honestly, even if you still want small, a bag on your belt is the best bet, even if all you do is adjust volume, so you don't have to fiddle with reaching into your pocket....unless it's a shirt pocket.

Yep we need some fantastic sounding small ICs

May 15, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good job brother. I recently got a tomahawk and was STUNNED by how small it was. I was expecting small, but the thing is TINY.

x2 here -- got mine yesterday.
Pictures simply do not prepare you for the actuality!
eek.gif

Incedible little jewel.

May 29, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #37 of 49
Great animation. Really gives a better perspective between the size differences of the RSA amps.

May 30, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by frekvens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heard that the supermicro IV has better sound then the tomahawk?, any comments there?, seriously need a good small amp NOW.!

Team Supermicro IV here!
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gadget love, family pack

LOL - I like it! Only it should be GADget love, family pack!
3000smile.gif

GAD

May 30, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #41 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcard30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think all of us that own the tomahawks were surprised by just how small it is when you first open the box.

yeah, I was shocked when I bought wildcard30's TH
basshead.gif
I thought he only sent a part of it!
eggosmile.gif
but I did fit it and an iPod into my jeans this morning. the IC is the issue, as people stated.
blink.gif
yet since the cable connections are quite amazingly silent, it's not a huge issue either
wink.gif

May 31, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly!

I personally don't see how in the hell people carry around even a nano attatched to a TH with an interconnect in thier pocket. HOW BIG ARE YOUR POCKETS???? With the IC, it makes even the TH an nano cumbersome. The IC is what makes everything cumbersome, not the components. .

Is that an amplifier in your pocket, or are you just...
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #44 of 49
Great animation GAD!

Just thought I would like to share these pictures to give additional perspective for those planning to buy any one of these beauties.

RSAPortableStack.jpg

RSAPoertableStackSide.jpg

RSAPortableStackAngle.jpg

The last picture shows their relative sizes when all their back right corners (viewed from the front) have all been lined up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back