spooky, eerie soundtrack/musical score recommendations?
Mar 2, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #16 of 37
I'll agree with the recommendation for the score Cliff Martinez did for Solaris. I find it haunting and sometimes a little unnerving. Unfortunately it's out of print and the prices it's going for on ebay were crazy the last time I checked.

And while it's not a soundtrack or score, I think Godspeed You Black Emperor's f#a#(infinity) sounds like exactly what you're looking for. I find it very cinematic, and it's more than a little "eerie" at times. I made the mistake of falling asleep to it one night...

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #18 of 37
Mar 2, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #21 of 37
If you want something realllly eerie and strange that gets under your skin, look for Nino Rota's film score for Fellini Satyricon.... got it on vinyl a couple weeks ago, it was one of my better impulse buys, it's from the psychedelic era, though I wouldn't say it's a product of its time---its the sort of music that has never had a time and never will

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #26 of 37
Maybe not as complex as some of the above, but definitely check out American McGee's Alice OST (done by Chris Vrenna of NiN's fame).

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #27 of 37
these are my favourites

Trevor Jones - From Hell OST
Danny Elfman - Sleepy Hollow OST

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scott Walker - Tilt
Scott Walker - The Drift

Absolutely amazing.

I was just about to recommend these two albums. I'm glad a skimmed the thread as to not be redundant.

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #30 of 37
Just listening to Bjork's soundtrack for art film "drawing restraint 9" (which is a beautiful film). Music's kinda spooky, for me, like most of Bjork's work after 1997's homogenic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back