spooky, eerie soundtrack/musical score recommendations?
Mar 1, 2007 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking to really test out my Etymotics, and I'm looking for a spooky, eerie musical score that I can listen to at night w/ all the lights off.

Recommendations?

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 37
EASILY,
the spookiest soundtrack I have ever heard is "Requiem for a Dream" byt the Kronos Quartet-its downright haunting.
Another thats perfect for headphone listening-which is also quite dark and complex is the soundtrack to "Solaris" by Cliff Martinez.
Enjoy!

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 37
All the music from Boards of Canada. The music is not spooky, but takes you to another dimension. Good music for those lonely night in bed.

The OST of Crash is kinds spooky but no competition for Requiem for a dream.

From what I rememeber the music from the movie Donnie Darko is very spooky and intense.

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EASILY,
the spookiest soundtrack I have ever heard is "Requiem for a Dream" byt the Kronos Quartet-its downright haunting.

I clicked on this thread specifically to make this reccomendation. Peter Jackson also stole it for a LOTR commercial. It might be in the movie, but ive never seen them.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 37
Another vote for Donnie Darko. Silence of the Lambs OST is also by Howard Shore, and can get pretty creepy. Also, the music from Alien (original) is pretty creepy.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #6 of 37
Mar 1, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 37
Mar 1, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #11 of 37
i like the Doom OST...its has a dark kinda sound to it.

and another vote for the Requiem for a Dream OST.

Mar 1, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aside from some of the lighter classical portions, much of the soundtrack for 2001: A Space Odyssey is creepy. IIRC, the soundtrack for The Shining was also damn scary.

Good call! The Shinning was a very creepy soundtrack.

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EASILY,
Enjoy!

x4

It's even better if you saw the movie.

Mar 2, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #15 of 37
The OST to Taxi Driver is pretty forboding.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back