SPL Auditor appreciation thread
Aug 1, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #47 of 51
Is anyone still using their auditor and loving it?

For me, I'm still inseparable from mine, even after trying many, many headphone amps afterwards. There is nothing out there that quite lets your DAC speak for itself, while imparting a sense of spaciousness and ease all of its own.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #50 of 51
Just picked up one of these.  For used, you can get them for a quarter of the new price.  A great amp for somebody with a HD800 and not looking for expensive amplification.  Detailed, neutral presentation.  Far from boring, very engaging.  I was having so much fun that I found myself listening louder than I typically do.

I am on the Phonitor X tour so I will be able to hear how SPL has improved upon their tech over the years.  I am now a fan of the SPL amps, probably killer amps for high impedance headphones.   

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #51 of 51
  Just picked up one of these.  For used, you can get them for a quarter of the new price.  A great amp for somebody with a HD800 and not looking for expensive amplification.  Detailed, neutral presentation.  Far from boring, very engaging.  I was having so much fun that I found myself listening louder than I typically do.

I am on the Phonitor X tour so I will be able to hear how SPL has improved upon their tech over the years.  I am now a fan of the SPL amps, probably killer amps for high impedance headphones.   

I heard it with HD800 before, it was on the warm side, but nothing wrong, very emotional presentation, good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back