Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread
Aug 8, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #61 of 317
  The SE5 is quite easy to drive, but it does like some power. Sounds great with LPG or Mojo so I guess the Kobo will be even better.

​By chance, have you ever had to chance to try your SE5 Ult with the AK380 Copper?
I know AK daps are outrageously priced but I can't help but imagine how an AK380cu + MK404 setup would sound heh. xP

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #66 of 317
158 EUR for 2-3 days
85 EUR for 4-5 days

It's expensive haha xP

Thank you 
beerchug.gif

Any popular choice for the cable?

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #68 of 317
  Has anyone heard the Questyle QP1R with their SE5 Ult?
Heard good things about it and it's a LOT cheaper than going the AK380cu route haha.

Just FYI, in case LPG is also an option you are considering, SonicElectronix is a reseller of Lotoo products. It may show out-of-stock on their website, but if you call their Sales department and place an order, they'll be able to fix you up with one soon. They received 1 unit on Aug 2 and and another on Aug 10 and the units were fulfilled to the customers who had already called ahead.

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #69 of 317
I'm really loving the ZX2 / SE5 Ult combo!
Really like that the sound is smooth / non fatiguing yet simultaneously being very transparent and detailed. The NT6 PRO was also transparent but was rather fatiguing at times.

Now I see why so many people stop hunting for new iems after getting this haha. Can't wait to see how far these babies can scale!
Really excited to hear how my MASS-kobo 404 can futher improve the sound.

Just really wish there was somewhere I could audition the AK380cu to hear for myself whether it's truly worth it or not.
I think for now I'll just get the VentureCraft Vantam Jazz Master because I remember the last VentureCraft product I had sounded better than the hugo at a significantly lower price.

I can only imagine how godly these would sound on an Eddie Current Studio / Schiit Yggdrasil setup hahah.

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #70 of 317
I'm really loving the ZX2 / SE5 Ult combo!
Really like that the sound is smooth / non fatiguing yet simultaneously being very transparent and detailed. The NT6 PRO was also transparent but was rather fatiguing at times.

Now I see why so many people stop hunting for new iems after getting this haha. Can't wait to see how far these babies can scale!
Really excited to hear how my MASS-kobo 404 can futher improve the sound.

Just really wish there was somewhere I could audition the AK380cu to hear for myself whether it's truly worth it or not.
I think for now I'll just get the VentureCraft Vantam Jazz Master because I remember the last VentureCraft product I had sounded better than the hugo at a significantly lower price.

I can only imagine how godly these would sound on an Eddie Current Studio / Schiit Yggdrasil setup hahah.
LPG...cough...cough...LPG

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #72 of 317
You keep telling me Mike! xD
The only reason I'm hesitant on getting it is the lack of balanced out. Need a balaced source to fully take advantage of the MK404 haha.

I am in the same boat, want a balanced source to pair with my SR-71B. Running it with M51 convinced me to find a balanced portable source! Seeing as I had to send my QP1R off for warranty I'll be trying out Lotoo Paw Gold and AK380cu tomorrow.

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #74 of 317
Hi guys, anyone here with SE5 ult also tried the Tralucent Ref1 too? I'm very tempted by the Spiral ears :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back