Spiral Ear SE6 EDGE Custom In-Ear Monitors (2020). Impressions & Reviews Thread.
Nov 6, 2020 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

propellerhead

New Head-Fier
Seems like Spiral Ear have just launched their new flagship: SE6 EDGE Custom In-Ear Monitors.

Available with preorders, discounts and a limited upgrade program from SE6 to SE6 EDGE.

Quoting their website:

11999 PLN (0% VAT; export outside EU) ~ 3140 USD

14758,77 PLN (incl. 23% VAT; export within EU) ~ 3860 USD

Pre-orders start now:

10999 PLN
(0% VAT; export outside EU) ~ 2880 USD

13528,77 PLN (incl. 23% VAT; export within EU) ~ 3540 USD

Limited discounted price for the first 25 orders or till February 28th 2021, whichever comes first (~ 10% off).

Expected shipping: possible already.

They've also finally launched SE6 EDGE universal demo versions! Nice one!
Just got my SE6 like a year ago, but I'll sure as heck jump on board soon most likely. Can't really imagine it could get better than that:D.
If anyone would like to try'em out and compare, go ahead and share your thoughts here:).

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 14
Just got notified today that my SE6 EDGE are in final stages of production:). So excited and cannot wait to listen to them!

Anyone from here got a chance to audition these yet?

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 14
At last I got my SE6 Edge and:
+ This is the best fit I ever had. Deep, goes past the second bend, perfect cut, superb isolation, absolutely astounding (note, I have a huge collection of CIEMs and KSE1500 shells to compare). Very happy here. I got many other CIEMs where I am not happy with the fit. Note that I like the fit to be deep and tight. Some of my CIEMs are barely fitting and barely isolating, barely getting a seal.
+ Tuning is still mostly the same as in SE6 and SE5, namely - warm dark neutral. Highs are recessed, there is added warmth, mids are coherent. Overall I read this as a nicely refined exotic audiophile quasi-reference signature. There is some "phase phuckery", as Crin once said in his SE5 review, adding to some strange imaging, which is - on a good day - nicely enveloping, and then you get used to it. On a bad day I get no imaging and in-my-head sound.
- They actually probably do sound the best on stock cable, which is strange. And also the sockets are a bit non-symmetrical, one is slightly at a different angle, which only bothers with a 3rd party cable. Very minor issue.
Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. Haven't yet measured them; I think the measurement will look the same as SE6 and SE5 again, that's what I hear.
Comparing these to other flagships, yeah, this is flagship material here, alas exotic one. You could definitely argue that EE Odin has better technicalities, but on the other hand, it may sound aggressive after a session with SE6 Edge. The latter could be said has a more refined and mature sound, although I would say Odin is also very refined, but may be a bit leaning towards a V-shape, whereas SE6 will never hurt your ears in any way (maybe a bit too much warmth sometimes). A very, very mature tuning - at least for me.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 14
Very happy for you:). Mine should arrive next week most probably.
What's your source? Probably too soon, but any paring recommendations for best synergy?
I'm wondering if SE6 EDGE will make me change my current DAP's.

Mar 16, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #6 of 14
Please keep the impressions coming - especially how SE6E compares to SE5U.

Agree that the stock cables give the best results. That's after buying 6 aftermarket cables at various price points. Probably some of this phase phuckery in the low mids!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #7 of 14
Whatever happened to this IEM? It's been over a year and half since anything.

Also, I wonder what @jelt2359 has to say about this...since he has some rather...not gonna lie -- extremely bombastic and near LSD-level colourful words to say about SE5 which was an amusing read, but I haven't heard anything about him either. (Yeah that review hasn't aged well at all, sadly.)

Was there anyone else that got any info out of this flagship?

Sep 9, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #8 of 14
Also would be keen to hear @propellerhead ’s thoughts. Considering upgrading my SE5U’s; worth it?

Sep 21, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #9 of 14
Hi all, for what it's worth, I was able to kindly turn my SE5 ult into SE6 edge (well, more of an exchange actually). I can't compare directly for obvious reason (the main one being, I never got them together at the same time), but I can share my fond memories.

First of all, please notice SE5 ult were CIEM while SE6 edge are universals. That's more in line with my listenning habits. Second, there's a nice, very light and flexible stock cable, although in 3.5mm. Third, the provided tips are top notch to my ears. Gregorz wouldn't give me the reference, by the M size fits perfectly well in my ear, providing splendid isolation and comfort. They're transparent silicone with a big bore to match the SE6 edge 6 bore-sized nozzle. Inside there are spiral flanges (is that the correct word??). Bottom line, I love them.

Comfort-wise, I was at first a bit skeptical about the global shape, a bit generic, but they actually fit really well my ears (don't whether I am "regular eared" or not).

Coming to the sound now, if I could describe the SE5 ult as sleeping giants, shy on the trebbles, but fully capable of delivering should you concentrate on that area, I would call the SE6 Edge as masters of harmony. Bass can rumble when called for, trebble seem to extend indefinitely (to my 40 year-old ears anyway) and ADSR is top notch, cymbals can go on forever if that was intended to.

But the thing that struck me most (and after being initially lukewarmed) is the magnificent coherency. Coming from Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2, and HE-6 plus Vérité Closed on the headphone level, I was blown away by this. Like frequencies, notes, instruments are all working together instead of trying to catch attention separately. I don't know how to put it differently. It seems like Gregorz twisted the drivers to make them work as one big giant driver.

Sure, they're not IEMs to give you the wow effect, but once you're fine with that, you discover their supreme abilities at giving you one hell of unified music. Besides, being able to reach deep low and high, they can extract the finest details your record contains. Again, they're not in-your-face IEMs, especially compared to the red hot Infinity Mk2, but they have a nack at grasping your attention all across the spectrum. When I was bored with the SE5 ult, I found them way to "flat" in the end, SE6 Edge keep me on the... well, edge. And that's very fine to me.

FYI: my source is a Hiby R8, running them in low gain at around 41-43. No noticeable hiss (though Spiral Ears IEM are not prone to this). And I mainly listen to extreme metal (I can go as far as listenning to heavy metal though. And even rock, pop or electro vibes).

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #10 of 14
Hi all, for what it's worth, I was able to kindly turn my SE5 ult into SE6 edge (well, more of an exchange actually). I can't compare directly for obvious reason (the main one being, I never got them together at the same time), but I can share my fond memories.

First of all, please notice SE5 ult were CIEM while SE6 edge are universals. That's more in line with my listenning habits. Second, there's a nice, very light and flexible stock cable, although in 3.5mm. Third, the provided tips are top notch to my ears. Gregorz wouldn't give me the reference, by the M size fits perfectly well in my ear, providing splendid isolation and comfort. They're transparent silicone with a big bore to match the SE6 edge 6 bore-sized nozzle. Inside there are spiral flanges (is that the correct word??). Bottom line, I love them.

Comfort-wise, I was at first a bit skeptical about the global shape, a bit generic, but they actually fit really well my ears (don't whether I am "regular eared" or not).

Coming to the sound now, if I could describe the SE5 ult as sleeping giants, shy on the trebbles, but fully capable of delivering should you concentrate on that area, I would call the SE6 Edge as masters of harmony. Bass can rumble when called for, trebble seem to extend indefinitely (to my 40 year-old ears anyway) and ADSR is top notch, cymbals can go on forever if that was intended to.

But the thing that struck me most (and after being initially lukewarmed) is the magnificent coherency. Coming from Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2, and HE-6 plus Vérité Closed on the headphone level, I was blown away by this. Like frequencies, notes, instruments are all working together instead of trying to catch attention separately. I don't know how to put it differently. It seems like Gregorz twisted the drivers to make them work as one big giant driver.

Sure, they're not IEMs to give you the wow effect, but once you're fine with that, you discover their supreme abilities at giving you one hell of unified music. Besides, being able to reach deep low and high, they can extract the finest details your record contains. Again, they're not in-your-face IEMs, especially compared to the red hot Infinity Mk2, but they have a nack at grasping your attention all across the spectrum. When I was bored with the SE5 ult, I found them way to "flat" in the end, SE6 Edge keep me on the... well, edge. And that's very fine to me.

FYI: my source is a Hiby R8, running them in low gain at around 41-43. No noticeable hiss (though Spiral Ears IEM are not prone to this). And I mainly listen to extreme metal (I can go as far as listenning to heavy metal though. And even rock, pop or electro vibes).
Thanks for your impressions - good to see they’re in line with others. SE6Edge seem really too notch from the small number of impressions I’ve read.

What has piqued my interest is how you managed to exchange your custom SE5Us into universal SE6Edge, how is that possible, please can you elaborate?

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #12 of 14
Just ask Spiral Ears. I have no magical powers nor secrete powers at negotiating, they just offered me.
Nice - and how long had you had your SE5Us if you don’t mind my asking?

Sep 22, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #14 of 14
Thanks for clarifying. I’m approaching 4 years too. I’ll reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back