SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
May 2, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #601 of 1,133
Mines from Jaben too. and I can relate with ur experience 
smily_headphones1.gif

In my case, I would clean and wash my ear AND spinfit if I want best full sound with very good impact in bass and wide stereo. by cleaning it gave the best fit and sit quite shallow i my ear (e80). this has been my preference for months.

but

if I wanted to hear complex music or very good recordings, I tested some mono noise while push spinfit all way in and find balance in left right.this  way the stereo separation became like crossfeed effect when listening to music. IMO, with my iem I can get the increased bass speed and better layering, sub bass sits behind all the instruments and mid bass / mid capture a lot of micro details and superb timbre. but the staging get kinda smaller (but quite accurate), with increased depth and extensions.

YMMV though...

I feel that the Spinfits insert deeper and give a better seal than all of the other silicone tips I've tried. Mine are the Jaben

I wear them with my iems over ear as that allows the unique rotation of the tips to point directly to my eardrums.

I wonder what you do when you insert the tips. I make a chewing motion to work them deeper and I moisten them before putting them in.

Maybe custom sleeves might be an option for you. I'm just about to embark on this myself.

May 2, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #602 of 1,133
May 2, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #603 of 1,133
I saw them on amazon for less than 10$

May 2, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #605 of 1,133
Thanks for the caution.  I emailed spinfit to find out.  Bit of a price differential.

May 3, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #606 of 1,133
Thanks for the caution.  I emailed spinfit to find out.  Bit of a price differential.

I went to Amazon look legit. They are sold by Spinfit with Amazon fulfillment. They should be fine, if there is an issue a vey easy return with maybe a loss of shipping cost(?)

May 3, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #608 of 1,133

3 Weeks and counting from CTCAudio here for Spinfits. They're not much better. I'll be ordering from Dopaminer next time

CTC took about a week and a half to get them to me in the US.   Not too bad.  I will likely go to Dopaminer if I need to get more though.  So far I'm sort of lukewarm on them, like Crystal foam tips better.

May 5, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #611 of 1,133
  Using JBL Spiral dot for now, spin fit falls out easily so it's probably not for me. Any other brands that makes the best eartips?

Wow, what size Spinfit where you using?  It really is amazing how much variance we have as individuals with anatomy like this(a small difference in the ear canal really can matter a lot), yet we really are incredible all the same(paradox).

May 5, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #612 of 1,133

Wow, what size Spinfit where you using?  It really is amazing how much variance we have as individuals with anatomy like this(a small difference in the ear canal really can matter a lot), yet we really are incredible all the same(paradox).

The S was too small, and L was too huge, so I end up getting the M size. Apparently, the IEM I'm using is the Sony XBA-Z5, which house a heavy driver. Due to that, spin fit was not able to hold it's position with it's silicone material. The spiral dot which I've been using had been amazing, and I've no issues, but just hoping to see if anyone have better experiences with some of the best ear tips out there :)

May 6, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #615 of 1,133
  Try these. 
wink_face.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Memory-Foam-Eartips-For-3-5mm-nozzle-Vsonic-GR07-MANDARINES-3-5-/331671578252?

Just be aware if you try these they do not come with any center shaft to lock onto the nozzle, They come off the nozzle and wind up in your ear more times than not. Keep tweezers ready for extraction. They are basically 3M ear plugs that have been cut down for this purpose. You can also order a bag and do this yourself. I did buy them to try and the vendor was nice and shipped quickly. I found them of no use as they won't stay on any iem I have and the diameter is a bit small for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back