SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Feb 28, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #541 of 1,133

..... Now this might sound gross but I simply pulled it out, licked it (they are my own body fluids after all) and reinserted. Instant seal!

That is a slippery slope, literally and figuratively.  

If you`re using dynamic IEMs, ie IEMs with some kind of vent, you can pull up gently on your ear as you insert the Spinfit, just like inserting an earplug.  They will go in very deep, can feel kind of weird but the flexible joint makes it comfortable (for me). (If you`re using fully sealed IEMs like some BA units, a suction issue can occure . . . )

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #542 of 1,133

What Spinfit need to do is release another tip using the same concept with a larger bore because the small bore on the ones I own diffuse the midrange too much, kills vocals. The concept is unique and works well fit wise, also has some sound positives, but they really need another option with a wider bore, around Sennheiser CX300 stock tip size. They can continue selling the others but take that idea further and expand to a greater variety.

I agree.

Here`s Japanese (CP100) Spinfit I sliced in half, which shows how narrow the sound tube is.  (The CP800 must be incredibly narrow)

One thing that I find annoying with in-ears is that if I forget to (okay... am too lazy to) clean out the eartip every time I put it in, then wax will build up and reach the nozzle of the actual IEM. In this picture you posted, I notice that between the entrance of the eartip and the bump in the silicon, there is a little "cup" made.

Has anybody with Spinfits noticed that earwax will collect in this cup, and not continue to leak further down the eartip or onto the monitor nozzle?

Feb 28, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #543 of 1,133
One thing that I find annoying with in-ears is that if I forget to (okay... am too lazy to) clean out the eartip every time I put it in, then wax will build up and reach the nozzle of the actual IEM. In this picture you posted, I notice that between the entrance of the eartip and the bump in the silicon, there is a little "cup" made.

Has anybody with Spinfits noticed that earwax will collect in this cup, and not continue to leak further down the eartip or onto the monitor nozzle?

Unless you are an abnormally heavy sweater with a lot of built-up earwax, you shouldn't run into issues where the earwax will collect past the first indentation of the SpinFit tip(s). I usually get by with cleaning the outside and first indentation of the SpinFit tip(s) with a wet wipe-type of cloth such as Clorox, Huggies/Pampers, medical wipes, etcetera.

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #544 of 1,133
Just got the CP800 for my SE846 and it really is that damn good, I mean it is so much better than the early CP100 that I mod to fit the shures. Very comfortable, seals better too than the 100s, probably because it uses a different material its much thicker and a lot longer, bore size almost the same as the 100s. These tips are definately staying in my 846's.:blush:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 7, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #547 of 1,133
Not sure about the sizing, but regarding isolation: SpinFits. They fundamentally penetrate and seal in the canal in a manner unlike any other tip, offering isolation which I have found to be unmatched. This isn't saying they sound better than the Spiral Dots, however, depending on your genre preferences etc.

Hope this helped, much respect^^

Mar 7, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #548 of 1,133
Could someone tell me:

1. Which model SpinFit would fit DUNU DN-2000J?

2. Which one offer better isolation for Dunu: SpinFit or Spiral Dot?

1. Any CP100 size SpinFit will fit the DUNU without issue. You can purchase the SpinFit tips from eBay (Empire Ears/Georgia) for the fastest in shipping if you live in the U.S., Jaben, etc.

2. Only you will be able to determine which tip is better. Try out both tips to find out which one is best for your specific wants and needs.

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #549 of 1,133
  Could someone tell me:

1. Which model SpinFit would fit DUNU DN-2000J?

2. Which one offer better isolation for Dunu: SpinFit or Spiral Dot?

CP100 or, for the Japanese version, the 01.  I find that for the  Dunu DN-2000 and 2000J, you really need to use the spacers to get the best result with the Spinfit.  Here is my 2000J, the way I have it set up: 

If I remove the spacers, the Spinfit will slide on so far that its flexible joint will be near or past the end of the nozzle, limiting its flexibility and defeating the main benefit of using Spinfits for me (the better seal).  

I wouldn`t do this: 

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #550 of 1,133
CP100 or, for the Japanese version, the 01.  I find that for the  Dunu DN-2000 and 2000J, you really need to use the spacers to get the best result with the Spinfit.  Here is my 2000J, the way I have it set up: 

If I remove the spacers, the Spinfit will slide on so far that its flexible joint will be near or past the end of the nozzle, limiting its flexibility and defeating the main benefit of using Spinfits for me (the better seal).  

I wouldn`t do this: 

Thank you. Will do just that.

You have red spacer ring on one and blue on the other? SQ same in both ears?

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #551 of 1,133
Thank you. Will do just that.

You have red spacer ring on one and blue on the other? SQ same in both ears?

Actually I`ve been playing around with all the tuning options - you can see I have the silicon bass rings on, too. Not sure what will stay or go, but it`s fun to try everything out. I`m getting some nasty driver flex with the bass rings, as has been reported by many others . . . .   They work, though. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #552 of 1,133
Actually I`ve been playing around with all the tuning options - you can see I have the silicon bass rings on, too. Not sure what will stay or go, but it`s fun to try everything out. I`m getting some nasty driver flex with the bass rings, as has been reported by many others . . . .   They work, though. 

I loved the treble extension with red spacer rings. Replaced with bass rings. Not great but okay bass improvement. Strangely, no driver reflex in my case when used just bass rings.

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #555 of 1,133
  Not sure about the sizing, but regarding isolation: SpinFits. They fundamentally penetrate and seal in the canal in a manner unlike any other tip, offering isolation which I have found to be unmatched. This isn't saying they sound better than the Spiral Dots, however, depending on your genre preferences etc.

Hope this helped, much respect^^

Any idea how they compare with triple flangle tips on Etymotics? They supposedly provide 40 db isolation and I used them in very very heavy traffic-ridden Indian roads for almost 2 yrs and always happy. How about spiral-dots? How close are they compared to Spinfits in Isolation? And in comfort? Any idea about Auvios or Sony hybrids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back