Speaker amps for headphones
Aug 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #557 of 3,871
Quote:
Folks:

I can't see the circuit diagram in my post above, so here's the link to the post I stole it from:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629352/he-500-lcd2-d5000-dt770-sr80-on-a-speaker-amp-emotiva-mini-x-a-100-project/1020

Post #1026, halfway down the page.

My calculation is wrong, the 2ohms is parallel with the HP and the 10ohms is in series. So for HE-6 which is 50ohms, it would be 11.9 ohms.

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #562 of 3,871
Listening to RHCPs on the Cyclops right now.  What do you get for 2X the Millenia price?  One thing is that the wall of sound that the Peppers are known for is not a wall of sound with the Cyclops.  It separates everything, and everything that is separated sounds totally natural and clear.  I love the Millenia, but I've never heard anything like this.

I'll get you a complete write-up in a few days, but right now I'm just really enjoying this toy.

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #563 of 3,871
Quote:
Okay folks, I talked to Jan about which resistors were in which box.  And the winner is:

Drum roll..............................................................................................

The cheap concrete resistors.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Well, I certainly learned something about resistors and matching them with amps didn't I?

Anybody interested in buying a nearly-new resistor box for balanced headphone cables with very nice Mills 1% resistors in it please PM me.  I will sell it for the $100 Jan charged me to build the box, thus I will be eating the $30 cost of the resistors.  For those who have a more analytical, dry-sounding amp, this box might be a good match.  Unfortunately, it doesn't match as well with the Millenia, which starts out as a warm-sounding amp, and doesn't need any help in that area from the resistors.

Damn, I just can't stop laughing...

Well, so much for logic, reasoning and preconceived notions!

Enjoy that Cyclops!  Looking forward to further impressions :)

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #566 of 3,871
Quote:
Is there anyone who can make me a speaker tap adaptor for my HE-6 with a 4 pin xlr output? I don't really have faith in my ability to make one
smily_headphones1.gif

www.btg-audio.com

Mike

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #568 of 3,871
Aug 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #570 of 3,871

Users who are viewing this thread

Back