SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #871 of 1,386
  Understandable, I'll probably use the HP200 cable when it arrives.

I bought one of those adapters posted a page or two back.  Hope it fits.  Where did you fin the HP200 cable (and for how much)?  I did some searching online and couldn't find it anywhere.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #872 of 1,386
  I bought one of those adapters posted a page or two back.  Hope it fits.  Where did you fin the HP200 cable (and for how much)?  I did some searching online and couldn't find it anywhere.

I traded my HP100 cable for it with another head-fier.  You can buy the HP200 cable from Soundmagic if you contact them, but it's way too expensive at $37.

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #873 of 1,386
  Has anyone tried (or could try) the Shure 1540 pads with these?  I remember someone commenting that they tried them with the HP200 and noticed a big improvement.

Also, is there any chance a V-Moda Boompro could bypass the locking mechanism, or is the connector too short?

I got SRH1540 pads on the HP100.
I removed the old pads and loosened the screws a few turns, just to have a little more space between speaker plate and ear cup. very comfortable result, however some highs seem to be gone.

Ok, maybe that statement was over the top, lets just say i remember it mroe sparkling :)

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #874 of 1,386

I got SRH1540 pads on the HP100.
I removed the old pads and loosened the screws a few turns, just to have a little more space between speaker plate and ear cup. very comfortable result, however some highs seem to be gone.

I borrowed my friend's spare 1540 pads and thought they were extremely comfortable, but the highs basically disappeared and everything sounded hollow.  Putting the stock pads back on was overly difficult, like defusing a bomb.  I assume the DT770 velour pads would ruin the sound signature less, so that will probably be what i end up purchasing.

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #875 of 1,386
  I borrowed my friend's spare 1540 pads and thought they were extremely comfortable, but the highs basically disappeared and everything sounded hollow.  Putting the stock pads back on was overly difficult, like defusing a bomb.  I assume the DT770 velour pads would ruin the sound signature less, so that will probably be what i end up purchasing.

I have to say that i liked the comfort and isolation so far very much. not sure i will go back.

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #876 of 1,386
Velour usually accentuate high and release bass, mean less of them, I think some people here have tried using HP100 with DT velour pad and found it to be like that. I'm still waiting for those hifiman's velour pleather pad...

Oh wait, they're already available on the website http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=198 $39 not including shipping eh?

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #880 of 1,386
  I'd be happy to hear your opinions on my review of the HP100's. Which is here. What did I miss? Do you agree? Stuff like that

Thank you! =)

I think that's a fairly accurate review.  I haven't heard your AKG's, but their house sound is known for having amazing treble (bordering on too much depending on your taste) so you're probably correct in your evaluation there.  

I think it's important, though, to stress that the bass is very "natural" and a lot of bass-heads will not like these at first.  The sub-bass power is what makes these really shine and that can be very recording-dependent. 

Glad you're liking them!

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #881 of 1,386
HP150 eh?
Sounds good to me if its an improvement. I don't know how they might improve on the original though.

I'll try and get a pair to review guys!

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #882 of 1,386
edit: Sorry posted in wrong forum :)

On topic, I just got my HP100's today and I'm extremely pleased with them! I also just ordered the Shure 1540 alcantara pads today so I hope they improve the comfort on these phones a bit.  Thanks for everyone's reviews and tips!

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #883 of 1,386
Horrible customer service!!!

I have been trying to get my SoundMagic HP100 fixed for the last couple months. I first wrote the Amazon Dealer Micca Distributors and all they have replied back saying over 3 times is I am past the 1 year Warranty. Even though I am offering to pay to have these fixed they wont!

SoundMagic keeps telling me to just work with Micca Distributors but thats going no where!

if anyone actually has any knowledge on how to get these repaired I am all ears.

Thanks -

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #884 of 1,386
Strange, I have had great experience with them.

Maybe it is because Micca is not an authorised seller?

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #885 of 1,386
  Horrible customer service!!!

I have been trying to get my SoundMagic HP100 fixed for the last couple months. I first wrote the Amazon Dealer Micca Distributors and all they have replied back saying over 3 times is I am past the 1 year Warranty. Even though I am offering to pay to have these fixed they wont!

SoundMagic keeps telling me to just work with Micca Distributors but thats going no where!

if anyone actually has any knowledge on how to get these repaired I am all ears.

Thanks -

This is your first post.  What's wrong with them?  How old ARE they?  You are jumping in at the middle of the story...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back