SoundMAGIC HP-100 "Tru-Fi Speakers Mod" from packdemon - sensational refinement!
May 17, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #46 of 113
@Mr Trev

Yes, the mod just peels right off. I'll state what each portion of the mod does in the instructional video that I post. That way you'll be able to balance the sound (by removing portions of the mod) however you decide that you want to.

Best regards,
Lyova Margaryan

Sounds good, let us know when you have the kit available :)

May 25, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #47 of 113
Sounds good, let us know when you have the kit available
smily_headphones1.gif

Hello,

The kit is now available Here on Etsy.

Best Regards,
Lyova Margaryan of Tru-Fi Speakers

May 25, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #48 of 113
Nice. But $165 for just a pair of pads? That's way more than I paid for the 'phones..

May 25, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #49 of 113
Nice. But $165 for just a pair of pads? That's way more than I paid for the 'phones..
Hi,

Yes, I know. They are the best earpads I have ever tried, and/but I am actually not profiting off of selling them at that price at all. They used to cost less last time I got them from Beyerdynamic. I don't really expect anyone to buy them, but I mostly have it there as a place holder just in case if I can lower the price on them one day. The are imported from Germany, so I'd probably have to buy them in bulk for Beyerdynamic to agree for that to happen. Though for having a $170 pair of headphone that are now $370 (with mod kit and earpads), but sound better than most at that price while having the best earpads (so far that I know of, being well isolated, soft, and never getting hot, the only thing missing would be for them to be angled) to give the best experience and comfort even in price ranges above its own is not really all that bad. I'm not saying this to advertise (which I am not allowed to do, apart from answering someone) to you because the only earpads that I sell that I profit off of are the cheapest ones on that page. The others, again like the most expensive, are place holders to cover my expenses until I can get a dealer price (if ever).

Best Regards,

May 25, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #50 of 113
Hi,

Yes, I know. They are the best earpads I have ever tried, and/but I am actually not profiting off of selling them at that price at all. They used to cost less last time I got them from Beyerdynamic. I don't really expect anyone to buy them, but I mostly have it there as a place holder just in case if I can lower the price on them one day. The are imported from Germany, so I'd probably have to buy them in bulk for Beyerdynamic to agree for that to happen. Though for having a $170 pair of headphone that are now $370 (with mod kit and earpads), but sound better than most at that price while having the best earpads (so far that I know of, being well isolated, soft, and never getting hot, the only thing missing would be for them to be angled) to give the best experience and comfort even in price ranges above its own is not really all that bad. I'm not saying this to advertise (which I am not allowed to do, apart from answering someone) to you because the only earpads that I sell that I profit off of are the cheapest ones on that page. The others, again like the most expensive, are place holders to cover my expenses until I can get a dealer price (if ever).

Best Regards,

Yeah, still a lot of money for some pads though.. :)

Have you tried any of the hm5 pads? I'm using their memory foam pads on my HP150, and consider them to be better than the stock ones. I'm probably going to order a pair of angled pleather pads as well, to compare, they're like $26.50 shipped..

May 25, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #51 of 113
..which is $6.50 more than just the shipping cost for the mod kit. Is it really that expensive for such a small package? 
blink.gif

Anyway, placed an order, I'll keep everyone updated and let you know how it works out as soon as I've received it. 

May 25, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #52 of 113
  Yeah, still a lot of money for some pads though.. :)

Have you tried any of the hm5 pads? I'm using their memory foam pads on my HP150, and consider them to be better than the stock ones. I'm probably going to order a pair of angled pleather pads as well, to compare, they're like $26.50 shipped..

..which is $6.50 more than just the shipping cost for the mod kit. Is it really that expensive for such a small package? 
blink.gif

Anyway, placed an order, I'll keep everyone updated and let you know how it works out as soon as I've received it. 

Hi,

The hm5 pads are pleather instead of soft protein leather or softskin, so I've never thought about trying them since I thought that they might get hot during longer listening secessions. I've only ever tried the hm5 velour pads, which were already fairly warm. I am curious though, how to you say that they would fair in terms of warmth against the stock pads (test maybe using one pad on once side and the other one on the other side)?

Chance's are the shipping cost could be less than that. Online estimate calculators are not always that great. I'll be refunding the difference in shipping cost once I get a real orders both locally and globally. 

Best Regards,

May 25, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #53 of 113
Hi,

The hm5 pads are pleather instead of soft protein leather or softskin, so I've never thought about trying them since I thought that they might get hot during longer listening secessions. I've only ever tried the hm5 velour pads, which were already fairly warm. I am curious though, how to you say that they would fair in terms of warmth against the stock pads (test maybe using one pad on once side and the other one on the other side)?

Chance's are the shipping cost could be less than that. Online estimate calculators are not always that great. I'll be refunding the difference in shipping cost once I get a real orders both locally and globally. 

Best Regards,

Based on memory, the biggest difference was in comfort. I can do an a/b when I get home, I'm ~9300km from the stock pads atm.. :)

There is an angled velour version as well, and a pleather/velour hybrid, but I suspect that they may change the sound signature more.

May 26, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #55 of 113
I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Dekoni earpads - they're the ones I've been raving about all along and are legendary in comfort / isolation / soundstage and overall refinement. Not to mention more affordable than others

Might look into them. Ordered without pads, will try with hm5 memory foam and angled.

May 26, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #56 of 113
Might look into them. Ordered without pads, will try with hm5 memory foam and angled.

Hi,

Judging from your description, they should work about the same I would think apart from them being angled. Not sure which one would be hotter or softer though, that's something I'll have to test.

Best Regards,

May 29, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #57 of 113
So I've just gotten a behind the scenes look at your video for this mod and I must say that's some great ingenuity and skilled craftsmanship! I'm recommending you redo the video though with improved lighting -  but anyway I think that's a private video only for those who order your kit right? And of course we can just send our pair or order a finished mod.

So I hear you've already got this mod out to some people - I'll be very interested to read their impressions after other try this mod!

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #58 of 113
soooooooooooo are these still for sale? I saw they stopped the ebay store (for now im guessing)

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #59 of 113
  soooooooooooo are these still for sale? I saw they stopped the ebay store (for now im guessing)

Hi @mechavore884,

They are currently available for sale just as a mod kit here on Etsy. I will also have the premodified headphones available on Etsy in the not-too-distant future.

Best Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back