SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Jan 14, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #632 of 1,094
Nik is it more than you enjoyed it with the Zen? :) I'm quite curious about the LZ.

I wouldn't say that jrazmar. They're two quite different pieces of gear. LZ-A2 was used because I needed the isolation and will be reviewing them soon.

Soundware - any idea when the 'only power on by USB cable  bug' will be fixed as its getting very frustating for me and I might end up selling the M1 if its not fixed. thanks

This is understandable. If you don't want to waste battery while you're not using Esther, you need to completely power down. However if you completely power down, you have to connect to USB to reboot. Very kludgy. Reminds me a bit of tethered iPhone jailbreaks...

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #633 of 1,094
Who compared with QLS QA360??

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #634 of 1,094
To Soundaware:
# of bugs is flagrant: periodical double screen, permanent issue with power off and unlimited battery consumption, self settings changing, all above end etc.
What was the reason to issue a product with such raw software? Why your engineers can't take the interface from other products like fiio for example?
I was thinking about soundaware d200 as my next purchase to home system, but not sure anymore...very disapointed

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #636 of 1,094
  To Soundaware:
# of bugs is flagrant: periodical double screen, permanent issue with power off and unlimited battery consumption, self settings changing, all above end etc.
What was the reason to issue a product with such raw software? Why your engineers can't take the interface from other products like fiio for example?
I was thinking about soundaware d200 as my next purchase to home system, but not sure anymore...very disapointed

Double Screen? Could you help to take photos for us to check?

D200 is our desktop streaming transform system, which is more stable than M1.
M1 is our first DAP, really not good in firmaware. Our engineers are working in the development for it. Actually, we are also very anxious, waiting the development.
redface.gif

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Jan 21, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #641 of 1,094
I have attached a double screen issue.

It may be caused by electrostatic interaction. You could try to change other charger to see whether still will have double screen.

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Jan 23, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #642 of 1,094
  Double Screen? Could you help to take photos for us to check?

D200 is our desktop streaming transform system, which is more stable than M1.
M1 is our first DAP, really not good in firmaware. Our engineers are working in the development for it. Actually, we are also very anxious, waiting the development.
redface.gif

Can you please confirm approximately when the 'only power on with usb connection' bug will be fixed.

It currently makes my M1 unusable on the go as I cant turn it on.

If it continues this way I will have no option but to return the product to the seller as faulty.

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #643 of 1,094
sonickarma: Do you have the following PowerOff settings?

• Auto PowerOff = Never
• Smart PowerOff = 10, 20, or 30 minutes
• Power Key Setting = Long Press Sleep

With those settings, Esther should never fully shut down unless you fully deplete the battery. It will just sleep instead. So you'll need to make sure you keep Esther's battery topped-off. I fully understand that this "fix" isn't ideal and am also hoping Soundaware provides a better solution soon because sleep still slowly depletes the battery.

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #644 of 1,094
@sonickarma: Do you have the following PowerOff settings?

• Auto PowerOff = Never
• Smart PowerOff = 10, 20, or 30 minutes
• Power Key Setting = Long Press Sleep

With those settings, Esther should never fully shut down unless you fully deplete the battery. It will just sleep instead. So you'll need to make sure you keep Esther's battery topped-off. I fully understand that this "fix" isn't ideal and am also hoping Soundaware provides a better solution soon because sleep still slowly depletes the battery.

Thanks I will see if this helps in the meantime

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #645 of 1,094
It should help sonickarma. With these settings I've only had to plug into USB to start once, and that was after Esther was left idle long enough to fully deplete the battery.

But again, I thoroughly agree that users shouldn't have to concern themselves with jumping through such hoops. Here's to a quick fix!
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back